USB drive is not accessible "incorrect function" Help

RapidRampage245

I plugged in my USB drive today and it doesn't work the only thing that pops up when i plug it in is: not accessible "incorrect function"

Hoping someone can help me fix this 5931c5436cfb5_ss(2017-06-02at01_06.08).png.56807e2bb2248f22a5488aa4226e6624.png

She's leaving you dude. It means goodbye forever.

Tried diskpart or chkdsk?

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

I've had this before and maneged to save it. If you don't know how to use chkdsk or diskpart:

Windows start icon, RIGHT click, then command prompt (or powershell) with admin, then type in

chkdsk /?

This will give you a list of commands. You'll probably want somthing like:

chkdsk D: F/

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

7 minutes ago, liamdoyle27 said:

I've had this before and maneged to save it. If you don't know how to use chkdsk or diskpart:

Windows start icon, RIGHT click, then command prompt (or powershell) with admin, then type in

chkdsk /?

This will give you a list of commands. You'll probably want somthing like:

chkdsk D: F/

didn't work, it just says "Invalid parameter - F" when i do it through the command prompt :( 

• 4 years later...
On 6/2/2017 at 2:24 PM, RapidRampage245 said:

didn't work, it just says "Invalid parameter - F" when i do it through the command prompt :( 

Just chiming in to say: the correct way to type it is with the / in front of F

chkdsk D: /F