Saving Problems on Harddrive

Hello everyone,

A good friend of mine is currently having an issue when playing Arma 3.

Every time he plays he has to put his game settings and controls back to how he wants them as every time he closes the game they don't save.

Additional to his settings not saving, his progress in game does not save either.

If he tries to edit the notepad file for his settings it won't let him save it unless he runs notepad as administrator.

He has an error when he tries to save pictures and such from the internet to places like his picture folder it says 'You don't have permissions to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission'

This comes up even though he is the administrator and the only account on the PC.

He's on Windows 10 64bit.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, Webber said:

Hello everyone,

A good friend of mine is currently having an issue when playing Arma 3.

Every time he plays he has to put his game settings and controls back to how he wants them as every time he closes the game they don't save.

Additional to his settings not saving, his progress in game does not save either.

If he tries to edit the notepad file for his settings it won't let him save it unless he runs notepad as administrator.

He has an error when he tries to save pictures and such from the internet to places like his picture folder it says 'You don't have permissions to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission'

This comes up even though he is the administrator and the only account on the PC.

He's on Windows 10 64bit.

Thank you.

Clearly something has gone wrong with the relationship between the logged on user and the user profile.  

Personally, i'd copy off all the files i want to external media and format/clean install windows - especially if a new build.   If an old build would do the same because that means someBODY screwed about with the security config on the normal user.   safest to rebuild.

If whoever screwed with the normal users c:\users\whoever directory can remember what they did then it should be reversible.