Bose SoundDock 2 vs Logitech z533

I have an old Bose SoundDock Series 2 that I'm currently using for my setup. I'm finally kind of getting sick of it and have about $100 to spend. I will looking at the Logitech z533 as a replacement. First of all, if it worth getting new speakers if I'm using them for basic music creation and listening to lots and lots of music and if so, are the Logitech z533 a good choice?

Don't know about the Logitech, I use their mouse but that's about it.  As for the Bose, I have had a pair of Bose 901's now for over 30 years and they work today just like they did when I bought them.  Bought them while stationed in the Philippines after the end of Vietnam with the Air Force.  For my 'pooter, I have been using a set of Bose Companion 5's and they must be pushing 11 or 12 years without any problems either.  Also use a pair of Bose headphones so I guess I am a little biased towards Bose.  Yep, but that is because I have never had any problems with any of my Bose systems.

So, my honest opinion is stick with the Bose, you won't regret it.  Check these out, and they are at your $100 limit.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/speakers/stereo_speakers/companion-2-series-iii-multimedia-speaker-system.html#v=companion2_black