50 FPS lock [AMD]

Markus_E

Hello, every game i run works with 50 fps max, i tried to update my Graphics Driver but everytime i try to install it is gives me the error Code "1603"

Prebuilt PC from Store:

CPU: Intel Core I7 - 3700

Graphics Card: AMD 7900 Series (dont know the exact one)

7 minutes ago, Markus_E said:

Hello, every game i run works with 50 fps max, i tried to update my Graphics Driver but everytime i try to install it is gives me the error Code "1603"

Prebuilt PC from Store:

CPU: Intel Core I7 - 3700

Graphics Card: AMD 7900 Series (dont know the exact one)

As to your driver problem... What you need to do is to COMPLETELY uninstall the AMD driver. From there download the new driver off of the AMD site... DO NOT install the driver. Restart the PC, right click the driver you downloaded before you restarted and choose run as admin. That should work. 

That might be causing your FPS problem, as it probably is using the generic driver.

37 minutes ago, Atreyix said:

As to your driver problem... What you need to do is to COMPLETELY uninstall the AMD driver. From there download the new driver off of the AMD site... DO NOT install the driver. Restart the PC, right click the driver you downloaded before you restarted and choose run as admin. That should work. 

That might be causing your FPS problem, as it probably is using the generic driver.

I did like you said, but its still not working.

Just now, Markus_E said:

I did like you said, but its still not working.

Did the driver install without the error?

Just now, Atreyix said:

Did the driver install without the error?

nope, still same issue

Are you trying to run mostly newer AAA games? because That card series only goes up to a certain amount of power, and while if we assume it was a 7970, that power is decent still for its age, its not going to max things out anymore and maintain 60fps. 

Edit: and any model underneath that model (which was the flagship of its generation) is only going to have a decline in performance from that point.