Crucial M500 Solid State Drive

ERSCreeper

Product:

Crucial M500 240GB SSD (http://www.crucial.com/store/ProductMarketing_m500.aspx)

Rational:

I went out of a limb and bought my first SSD. Since it was on a good deal ($60 off) I said: "What the hell, I might as well get one!"

Packaging:

Just a standard flip box. The box is strong and would withstand some abuse. The internal mounting for the SSD is plastic but has a strong grip on it.

Inside the box:

The SSD and the 5mm to 7mm bracket. It didn't come with any paper work or warranty manual. Felt a little empty :(

Thoughts:

Since I just got the SSD and haven't had time to really give it a full testing (I will update this over the next few weeks). Straight off I will say that it is solid (Pun intended). I didn’t have any problems with my system picking it up and didn’t have any initialisation issues.

Pros:

• Great price to performance.
  • Very good finish to the housing of the SSD.
  • Build quality of the SSD is really strong although it is plastic.
  • 5mm to 7mm bracket comes with double sided tape.

Cons:

• The SATA connectors felt a little flimsy when I first connected the SATA Power but it was fine.
  • The lack of paper work is a little concerning since I always like to have my paperwork for products.
  • The 5mm to 7mm bracket is made of plastic. (Would have liked to have seen metal.)

Performance:

Q6OVa6S.png

Conclusion:

A very well rounded SSD for a great price. Does what I need it to do, when I need it to do it. Load times in games have reduced from 25sec to around 3-4secs (Battlefield 4)

Pictures:

(Sorry about the quality and resolution, I didn't have my DSLR on hand.)

Package arrived

rrhChhW.jpg

You need a proper cutting knife Linus!

QjcLhbV.jpg

Awesome looking box.

EcYtlyk.jpg

It awakens

zJZuU2a.jpg

Pretty pearl right there.

kJ5LUAM.jpg

Who needs warnings right?

jlpehP1.jpg

5mm to 7mm bracket.

75xIpNq.jpg

The beauty itself.

G1C8ffG.jpg

\

Nice review, well written, fairly simple and very well thought out.

I also like your knife :)

Thanks

\

Suprisingly it looks like an ssd

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Good review man! As expected Crucial doesn't have the fastest SSDs on the market, but I heard they'll last you a very long time.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log