Plec client

I'm thinking about gertting a rasberry pi 3 to use as a plex client for my mum I did have her set up on a Now tv box which is just a roku that has been modified by sky. The problem I'm having is that when I installed plex on the Now Tv I had to do it through the developer menu which you weren't really supposed to do and they have since patched the loophole so now plex no longer works.

I'm looking for someone that has used a pi for plex to tell me how it performs, I know there are a few videos out there on YT but It would be good to hear it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. It would be good if you could mention how well the navigation works and also how it handles 1080p playback.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

3 hours ago, moderategamer said:

I'm thinking about gertting a rasberry pi 3 to use as a plex client for my mum I did have her set up on a Now tv box which is just a roku that has been modified by sky. The problem I'm having is that when I installed plex on the Now Tv I had to do it through the developer menu which you weren't really supposed to do and they have since patched the loophole so now plex no longer works.

I'm looking for someone that has used a pi for plex to tell me how it performs, I know there are a few videos out there on YT but It would be good to hear it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. It would be good if you could mention how well the navigation works and also how it handles 1080p playback.

Just buy a fire stick or Chromecast.

1 minute ago, IntelBeastboy said:

Agree. I have Plex on my Fire Stick and it works flawlessly. I imagine it's more user friendly as well, with the voice remote that's include with the new model and everything.

They might even be on sale on Prime day that's coming up.

Does you mum know you're here?

3 minutes ago, IntelBeastboy said:

From what I've seen the firestick is quite slow in regards to plex I can't imagine the chromecast would be any better.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

1 minute ago, VVoltor said:

Agree. I have Plex on my Fire Stick and it works flawlessly. I imagine it's more user friendly as well, with the voice remote that's include with the new model and everything.

They might even be on sale on Prime day that's coming up.

Really I've seen reviews that say it's quite laggy? 

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

31 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

Really I've seen reviews that say it's quite laggy? 

The old one maybe, haven't tried Plex on that. I tried Kodi on the last gen fire stick and it wasn't great.

Now I have the new one that came out a couple months ago and put Plex on it and for me it runs just fine. Only thing is the voice input only works for the Amazon software as of yet.

Does you mum know you're here?

Just now, VVoltor said:

The old one maybe, haven't tried Plex on that. I tried Kodi on the last gen fire stick and it wasn't great.

Now I have the new one that came out a couple months ago and put Plex on it and for me it runs just fine. Only thing is the voice input only works for the Amazon software as of yet.

Kl yeah just realised there's a new one seems to be quite a bit better I think I'll just go for that thanks for the reply.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

i have a roku stick and it works great.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

20 hours ago, Tsuki said:

i have a roku stick and it works great.

Thanks bit late to the party though I already bought a fire stick :P 

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

On 2017-5-29 at 5:04 PM, IntelBeastboy said:

I strongly disagree with this - as someone who has both a ChromeCast and a Roku 4K, I really have no idea why people love ChromeCast so much.

Sure if you live alone, a CC is fine I guess, but the limitations are so goddamn annoying. For one, having a regular remote to just quickly control the unit, makes a world of difference. Having to whip out a smartphone (Assuming you're using iOS or Android) to do anything via the CC is annoying as fuck.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)