What's my next step up for Headphones?

Hey everyone. 

I currently have some Sennheiser HD 558's I've been using for about a year-year and half now. I use these with a Creative Sound Blaster Z for my Sound Card, I know it's not a dedicated setup but its an up from onboard. 

Primarily I use them to listen to music, play games, and talk to friends. 

I am finding that these headphones are a little lackluster in the Bass department. I do enjoy the Open-back features on all fronts except that my dog barking completely breaks immersion, which is whatever. I have been looking at the Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium (don't want the coiled cable on the pro). Is this a step in the right direction for me? Any other suggestions anyone can make? I am willing to spend I think up to $300 as far as Budget goes for these.

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

DT 880 are not going to cut it if you want more bass than the HD 558. DT 990 might be a better direction, although they are very bright in the treble as well.

9 hours ago, SSL said:

DT 880 are not going to cut it if you want more bass than the HD 558. DT 990 might be a better direction, although they are very bright in the treble as well.

Aside from the DT 990's, do you have any other suggestions? Open to options on this one

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

9 minutes ago, Tacanacy said:

Philips Fidelio X2, perhaps.

Just put these on the list, seem really nice. Do you have any experience with them?

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore

12 minutes ago, LongbowX404 said:

Just put these on the list, seem really nice. Do you have any experience with them?

Pretty much only for gaming. It's great for general gaming, but for FPS games, I go with headphones with a deeper soundstage, better imaging, and much less overpowering bass.

I think it's awful for hard rock and metal, mostly because the vocals sound drowned, but I don't think I like colored sound for these genres. For hip-hop and rap, I think it's good. I'm not into audio for music as I am for games.

3 hours ago, LongbowX404 said:

I've got the X1's paired with an Olympus 2 FiiO E10K and they sound great.