Need your help modding my sexy case, WC, cable extensions etc

ProRules

Hello dear linus people!

In a week i'd like to order some new items, currently running 7700K cpu water cooled with XSPC RASA 750 RS360 rad.

Here are pictures of my current build:

case from outside:

7hbPpTG.jpg

Inside:

PnVocJL.jpg

0xojt0X.jpg

As you can see, Case is CM Storm stryker.

The current pump and reservoir is XSPC's bay combo.

I'd like to:

Buy new reservoir/pump combo OR seperately, and place them inside, probably EK or some high quality Laining of other brand.

Also:

Paint my Rad white, or some nice interesting color, Change tubes to clear and add colored fluid, clean cpu block from the inside with vinegar and a tooth brush, change cpu block rubber.

flush rad.

Now the thing is, the RAD is 360MM, and the only place where i could actually use 360 is the front, yet i might need one bay slot for DVD-ROM which makes it a bit of a prob.

I could place it as now just on the top, but with 2 fans, still better than 240 rad.

What do you guys say?

I'd also like to add cable extensions or sleeve myself.

Which colors would be amazing? which WC fuild colors combo?

Please, ANY ideas for modding, for the stuff i'd like to do, feel free to share, i'd like to mod it the best and im sure you guys know best.

Also, i'd like to spend as less cash as i can, but keep the quality high in the same time, maybe i should add another 240mm rad on the front or bottom? i don't think 360 with 2 fans is enough right now with this crazy hot cpu.

CPU is also binned to do 5GHZ on 1.265v

so i could run it 5.2 on 1.36v-1.37v or 5.1 around 1.31v-1.32v.

Thanks ahead peeps!

Pack it with rads and include the GPU in the loop for extra style points. Running an external DVD drive is probs worth it for better cooling, unless you use DVDs a lot. And 2x 240mm rads is probs enough. 

EDIT: also, get sleeving for your cables to hide the ugly blue, red and yellow ones. Tighten up your cable management as much as possible, get some nice RGB strips provide some light inside the case, maybe add some underneath, like people do for sports cars. See if you can DIY a shroud for the PSU, like NZXT S340s have (gives a cleaner look). Try and get the custom loop to match the angles of the components and case, it just makes it look better. Get a piece of smooth white plastic that matches the case to cover the black 3.5" drive bays. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

9 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

-snip-

with a 360 rad he could easily watercool CPU and GPU without having to run the fans on high rpm

Just now, Tiwaz said:

with a 360 rad he could easily watercool CPU and GPU without having to run the fans on high rpm

Yup. Though he could keep the rad he has now and just get another 240mm for a bit better cooling, but he'll have to run more lines. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

Yup. Though he could keep the rad he has now and just get another 240mm for a bit better cooling, but he'll have to run more lines. 

there are also extremely thick 120mm rads that one could have at the rear as exhaust, e.g. the Alphacool 120 nexxos or something like that

Just now, Tiwaz said:

there are also extremely thick 120mm rads that one could have at the rear as exhaust, e.g. the Alphacool 120 nexxos or something like that

Yes, though that might make it hard to achieve a clean look. He could remove one of the 3.5" drive bay black though, and put the 120mm rad there instead. 

Main PC 

3 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Yes, though that might make it hard to achieve a clean look. He could remove one of the 3.5" drive bay black though, and put the 120mm rad there instead. 

you are right also the radiator wont be able to fit in the case if doesnt turn around the 360 rad because the pipes from it wont able to be connected when there's a thick 120 rad, a thin one would fit but i dont think that that would be worth. And running a thicc radiator passively wont be very effective probably

Just now, Tiwaz said:

you are right also the radiator wont be able to fit in the case if doesnt turn around the 360 rad because the pipes from it wont able to be connected when there's a thick 120 rad, a thin one would fit but i dont think that that would be worth. And running a thicc radiator passively wont be very effective probably

Yeah. I'd say remove the drive bays and do without a DVD drive, and run one 360, or squeeze on two 240 rads. That and some new tubing with cool coolant (B|) should make it look MOARE AWESOMER! then tidy it up, sleeve the cables, and hide anything that doesn't match the color scheme, and it'll be a killer build. 

Main PC 

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Yeah. I'd say remove the drive bays and do without a DVD drive, and run one 360, or squeeze on two 240 rads. That and some new tubing with cool coolant (B|) should make it look MOARE AWESOMER! then tidy it up, sleeve the cables, and hide anything that doesn't match the color scheme, and it'll be a killer build. 

with that many rads he could probably run his system fanless if he didnt overclock

2 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

with that many rads he could probably run his system fanless if he didnt overclock

Thus:

5 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

MOARE AWESOMER!

Main PC 

A system fanless, Damn thats awesome, no noise at all, silent, tho, why not overclock a binned cpu lol.

Which scheme should i go for?

I thought maybe white orange and some black?

Maybe white yellow black?

Should i maybe paint the motherboard white? (non conductive spray).

Which sleeving would fit? also is DIY sleeving worth the risks? the psu is kinda expensive, TX750 by corsair, great psu.

9 minutes ago, ProRules said:

A system fanless, Damn thats awesome, no noise at all, silent, tho, why not overclock a binned cpu lol.

Which scheme should i go for?

I thought maybe white orange and some black?

Maybe white yellow black?

Should i maybe paint the motherboard white? (non conductive spray).

Which sleeving would fit? also is DIY sleeving worth the risks? the psu is kinda expensive, TX750 by corsair, great psu.

we cant decide for you what colour scheme would looks nice. Thats your personal taste that should decide that

1 hour ago, Tiwaz said:

we cant decide for you what colour scheme would looks nice. Thats your personal taste that should decide that

Just asking for ideas for combinations ^^

19 minutes ago, ProRules said:

Just asking for ideas for combinations ^^

maybe red

3 hours ago, Tiwaz said:

maybe red

white rad, clear tubes, red liquid, white + red sleeving, white cathodes?

13 hours ago, ProRules said:

white rad, clear tubes, red liquid, white + red sleeving, white cathodes?

yea or black+red

On 26.05.2017 at 7:28 PM, ProRules said:

Hello dear linus people!

In a week i'd like to order some new items, currently running 7700K cpu water cooled with XSPC RASA 750 RS360 rad.

Here are pictures of my current build:

case from outside:

7hbPpTG.jpg

Inside:

PnVocJL.jpg

0xojt0X.jpg

As you can see, Case is CM Storm stryker.

The current pump and reservoir is XSPC's bay combo.

I'd like to:

Buy new reservoir/pump combo OR seperately, and place them inside, probably EK or some high quality Laining of other brand.

Also:

Paint my Rad white, or some nice interesting color, Change tubes to clear and add colored fluid, clean cpu block from the inside with vinegar and a tooth brush, change cpu block rubber.

flush rad.

Now the thing is, the RAD is 360MM, and the only place where i could actually use 360 is the front, yet i might need one bay slot for DVD-ROM which makes it a bit of a prob.

I could place it as now just on the top, but with 2 fans, still better than 240 rad.

What do you guys say?

I'd also like to add cable extensions or sleeve myself.

Which colors would be amazing? which WC fuild colors combo?

Please, ANY ideas for modding, for the stuff i'd like to do, feel free to share, i'd like to mod it the best and im sure you guys know best.

Also, i'd like to spend as less cash as i can, but keep the quality high in the same time, maybe i should add another 240mm rad on the front or bottom? i don't think 360 with 2 fans is enough right now with this crazy hot cpu.

CPU is also binned to do 5GHZ on 1.265v

so i could run it 5.2 on 1.36v-1.37v or 5.1 around 1.31v-1.32v.

Thanks ahead peeps!

Take rad and paint it white with proper paint for rads. Take off shield from gpu, mobo and ram sticks and also paint them white. Paint cpu block white. Paint bottom two back-plates black. All the white paint should be matte white (not gloss). Get white-sleeved cables from local modding shop (otherwise its expensive). Use heat-gun or hairdryer to peel off stickers from psu. Get hard tubes instead of soft ones an fill with transparent or pastel light-blue. Use the blue led you already have. Get black combs or straps for cable mgmt, the current semi-white ones won't work. Do something with cable stuck into top-front ports on top of case - it doesnt work well for looks. Do you need this hdd shelf near psu on bottom?

On 5/28/2017 at 1:25 AM, Verrm said:

Take rad and paint it white with proper paint for rads. Take off shield from gpu, mobo and ram sticks and also paint them white. Paint cpu block white. Paint bottom two back-plates black. All the white paint should be matte white (not gloss). Get white-sleeved cables from local modding shop (otherwise its expensive). Use heat-gun or hairdryer to peel off stickers from psu. Get hard tubes instead of soft ones an fill with transparent or pastel light-blue. Use the blue led you already have. Get black combs or straps for cable mgmt, the current semi-white ones won't work. Do something with cable stuck into top-front ports on top of case - it doesnt work well for looks. Do you need this hdd shelf near psu on bottom?

Hey!

Thanks for your reply :)

Well, i don't realy need the ssd rack on the bottom.

Also what do you mean by painting back plates black, which back plates? of which component?

I thought about painting rad, ram, and changing mobo in the future, (btw all mobo's CPU location is exact? incase i'd like to hard tube and in the future get Asus Apex).

Im currently thinking, White - Red (quiet mainstream right?)

White - orange

White light blue/ turquize

White maybe some gold? or orange gold?

White yellow?

Also, is there any place i could order a very well made psu cover from?

I thought about getting, another 280mm rad,

And to do the next:

Front 360 with SP colored outlines fans into case.

top 280 with two 140mm sp colored outlines fans.

Pump and res, not sure if i should just get a combo? or aparts?

GPU block and such, ill do in the future when ill upgrade to some RX vega or so, in a couple of months, so till then just 2 rads for cpu only( binned 7700K).

On 29.05.2017 at 3:23 PM, ProRules said:

Hey!

Thanks for your reply :)

Well, i don't realy need the ssd rack on the bottom.

Also what do you mean by painting back plates black, which back plates? of which component?

I thought about painting rad, ram, and changing mobo in the future, (btw all mobo's CPU location is exact? incase i'd like to hard tube and in the future get Asus Apex).

Im currently thinking, White - Red (quiet mainstream right?)

White - orange

White light blue/ turquize

White maybe some gold? or orange gold?

White yellow?

Also, is there any place i could order a very well made psu cover from?

I thought about getting, another 280mm rad,

And to do the next:

Front 360 with SP colored outlines fans into case.

top 280 with two 140mm sp colored outlines fans.

Pump and res, not sure if i should just get a combo? or aparts?

GPU block and such, ill do in the future when ill upgrade to some RX vega or so, in a couple of months, so till then just 2 rads for cpu only( binned 7700K).

By back-plates i meant those covers at the bottom of rear panel where you have two somethings (mby additional usb 3.0 ports) attached. BTW buy pump and res separately. White red combination looks awesome! I think youll have a very hard time finding custom psu cover. You can plasti-dip your psu :)

7 hours ago, Verrm said:

By back-plates i meant those covers at the bottom of rear panel where you have two somethings (mby additional usb 3.0 ports) attached. BTW buy pump and res separately. White red combination looks awesome! I think youll have a very hard time finding custom psu cover. You can plasti-dip your psu :)

Hey thanks for your reply.

Good idea, ill just hide those somewhere else and get the original black ones, much better.

Also, i thought maybe just maybe i could get my hands on Msi gaming titanium z270 motherboard, and then buy the modded silver pump (d5 laing modded), and some silver hard line tubes, paint cpu block silver, paint rads silver, get silver/black cable extensions.

What do you think?

Also maybe get some nice silver cover for the ssd, and paint psu silver themed.

I think i should see which motherboard i get, and by that consider the theme.

16 hours ago, ProRules said:

Hey thanks for your reply.

Good idea, ill just hide those somewhere else and get the original black ones, much better.

Also, i thought maybe just maybe i could get my hands on Msi gaming titanium z270 motherboard, and then buy the modded silver pump (d5 laing modded), and some silver hard line tubes, paint cpu block silver, paint rads silver, get silver/black cable extensions.

What do you think?

Also maybe get some nice silver cover for the ssd, and paint psu silver themed.

I think i should see which motherboard i get, and by that consider the theme.

You got white case, and white with silver does not go along that well. Too little contrast between those colors.

But your silver gave me idea of having colored fittings and chrome tubing. If you get chromed pipes (or even clear ones filled with matte pastel white fluid) and sharp red fittings like these https://www.primochill.com/collections/revolver-sx-compression/products/primochill-1-2in-rigid-revolversx-series-fitting-candy-red-6-pack then you get red/white accents all around with black color on your mobo it should look super cool :)

I found the build from Jay that I had in back of my mind that should help you see how cool red accents are :)

2 hours ago, Verrm said:

You got white case, and white with silver does not go along that well. Too little contrast between those colors.

But your silver gave me idea of having colored fittings and chrome tubing. If you get chromed pipes (or even clear ones filled with matte pastel white fluid) and sharp red fittings like these https://www.primochill.com/collections/revolver-sx-compression/products/primochill-1-2in-rigid-revolversx-series-fitting-candy-red-6-pack then you get red/white accents all around with black color on your mobo it should look super cool :)

I found the build from Jay that I had in back of my mind that should help you see how cool red accents are :)

Yeah well i just find red a bit mainstream, maybe i'll do white and light blue? could also work.

White and gold? how would this work in your opinion?
Anyways, Jay addressed an issue with pastel colors, and its not commanded, creates ton of junk in the loop. 

2 hours ago, ProRules said:

Yeah well i just find red a bit mainstream, maybe i'll do white and light blue? could also work.

White and gold? how would this work in your opinion?
Anyways, Jay addressed an issue with pastel colors, and its not commanded, creates ton of junk in the loop. 

Maybe go for chrome tubes and light-blue fittings? You could get a titanium z270 mobo and paint heatsinks in light blue? You can also paint your gpu, I guess the zotac AMP with some painting or asus strix card with painting could do the trick.

Some light blue custom loop on bitwit channel: