No POST

thayl0

Hey guys, after reading the stickies thread I still haven't been able to POST. Hardware I'm working with is Asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 and AMD FX-6300 and then a little cheap GPU honestly forgot the name.

Little back story.. I was using this build well building my water cooling build. Finished the water cooling build and put the old build to the side for a few days. Yesterday went to boot it up after switching the cpu cooler back to stock as I'm going to sell the computer. I go to boot up and I get no post. My mobo displays a red led on cpu and according to the mobo manual that means something is faulty on cpu however I feel like it may be a different reason.

I've clear cmos, check the GPU in another computer to make sure the card works. Checked PSU in another computer. Used ram in each slot. Now I'm out of option. Hopefully someone can suggestion something I havn't done. Thanks.

The motherboard is probably right. maybe the CPU is dead?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

3 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

The motherboard is probably right. maybe the CPU is dead?

Well I've had a dead cpu before my recent i7700k was dead it would start and shut down after ten seconds. however this one doesn't shut down. I'm not sure it just doesn't make sense how It was running and I shut it down then start back up and its dead. Not that i was suppose to but i took cooler off to see if the cpu was even getting hot and it was so idk if a dead cpu well still get hot or not.

4 hours ago, thayl0 said:

Well I've had a dead cpu before my recent i7700k was dead it would start and shut down after ten seconds. however this one doesn't shut down. I'm not sure it just doesn't make sense how It was running and I shut it down then start back up and its dead. Not that i was suppose to but i took cooler off to see if the cpu was even getting hot and it was so idk if a dead cpu well still get hot or not.

no idea TBH

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4