INWIN 303 Front intake fan case mod

stealth80

Hi, Basically I think I need to increase the airflow in my case as every current slot is occupied by a radiator:

9gJZ6v5.jpg?1

Next weekend I'm going to strip it all out and spray the rear inside (currently black) white

LAT494g.jpg

I noticed in another thread that other peoples 1080 on water seem to play around 38 - 45C where as mine was 63C. I removed the gpu and cleaned the block and reseated it tightly and things got better to around 52C - I'm pretty sure things will get better with some air flow going into the case as the backplate does get quite hot and so does the glass panel.

So I decided to add a 120mm fan to the front of the case to basically sit behind the front reservoir

Q8IeILS.jpg?2

I've opted for a Silverstone which is white and blue and matches the build nicely and will use a front mesh cover also from Silverstone that has a snow flake on it (matches the theme, Temporal Snow! :D) and paint it white.

1j5dLAI.jpg

So heres my issue, I know how to cut a blow hole, that isn't the issue my issue is making a neat job for the front of the case. It seems I will have to put up with the mesh grill not sitting flush, or mount the grill inside the case with the fan and hope and pray the there is zero cutting issues.

Any have any ideas here?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

4 hours ago, workstationguy said:

Is that ipad mini?

is what? 

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

43 minutes ago, workstationguy said:

That screen, what is it.

its a small 5" HDMI LCD from Ebay 

Ryzen Ram Guide

• 4 months later...

Did you ever complete the fan mod? I would love to see pics as I'm using a 303 and all air cooled components and the temps leave a lot to be desired. Ive been thinking about hacking up the case for months but haven't taken the plunge yet and would really like to see how someone else went about it. Beautiful build btw!

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:49 PM, Wickedesires said:

Did you ever complete the fan mod? I would love to see pics as I'm using a 303 and all air cooled components and the temps leave a lot to be desired. Ive been thinking about hacking up the case for months but haven't taken the plunge yet and would really like to see how someone else went about it. Beautiful build btw!

thanks and yes I did

8o9AhFT.jpg

its been revamped some what now haha

Ryzen Ram Guide