i5 cooling overkill?

SamuelTheShark

So I'm currently using a stock Intel cooler on my i5 7500 but Im trying to keep my build relatively quiet. My build is in a Silencio 352 and I'll using Noctua fans for my case fans.

The stock Intel cooler runs a little loud for my tastes and I want to get a bigger cooler to keep thermals and noise down.

My current two options are the Noctua Nh-U12s or the beQuiet! Pure rock slim.

I don't have any experience with be quiet! so I don't know about their build quality. Which cooler would better fit my needs?

Be Quite Pure Rock Slim for sure. Since you have a locked chip and you can't overclock it so temps won't matter to you at all.

BQ PRS runs quieter than Noctua U12S. Though they are both aftermarket (non stock) so still should be quieter than stock cooler even if you opt for the U12S

NotcuavsBQ.thumb.png.c6ba2d18139a45b1b3d0f6a23b541549.png

You have a 65W TDP so you can make use of anything.

Just look for a 12cm fan cooler with low rpm fans.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, FirstOfHisName said:

#TempsMatter

well on a 65W chip you cant really get it to overheat with that cooler. I had a Hyper TX3 (slightly smaller than the 212 evo) before my current cooler on my i5 4690k that i had oc'd to 4,2Ghz that time and the rendering temps were around 72°C on a higher fan speed, so i am pretty sure that a slower fan curve on a lower TDP CPU will still yield good temps

What are your temps? Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.