Win 10 Booting time

Hey,

After last win10 update 1703 I am facing issue with impossibly long booting time on my PC. System stay on black screen with skyblue windows logo for like 3 minutes, then log in 1 second and I am ready to use it. The problem is that only starting program I am using is my audio driver and thats it :/

Anyone has any idea what could solve the problem? 

The moment where i have to wait always 3 mins

Spoiler

@Edit

Sometimes there is a spinning wheel made of dots under the logo

22 minutes ago, TinyCoil said:

Hey,

After last win10 update 1703 I am facing issue with impossibly long booting time on my PC. System stay on black screen with skyblue windows logo for like 3 minutes, then log in 1 second and I am ready to use it. The problem is that only starting program I am using is my audio driver and thats it :/

Anyone has any idea what could solve the problem? 

The moment where i have to wait always 3 mins

Reveal hidden contents

@Edit

Sometimes there is a spinning wheel made of dots under the logo

you have an SSD?

14 minutes ago, p.klokgieter said:

you have an SSD?

Yes dude, samsung evo 850 for system and my old crucial mx200 :) also have two hdds if it helps.

The problem looks pretty strange, like windows would search for something. After 3 mins my monitor is flashing and again i see the logo for 0.5 sec, logging in 0.5 sec and all is loaded and ready to use.

1 minute ago, TinyCoil said:

Yes dude, samsung evo 850 for system and my old crucial mx200 :) also have two hdds if it helps.

The problem looks pretty strange, like windows would search for something. After 3 mins my monitor is flashing and again i see the logo for 0.5 sec, logging in 0.5 sec and all is loaded and ready to use.

Hmm, weird, even if you didn't have an SSD it shouldn't take so long. Takes 30 sec for me with a 6 year old HDD so. This might just be a Windows issue. How about trying to roll back before the update? I believe you have 2 options. First is you can either throw your whole PC back to a recovery point using the system restore. But before trying that you might want to try to uninstall the last update. I believe it's somewhere around:  

Start => Settings => Update and Security => Windows Update => Advanced Options => View your update history

You can uninstall every minor update there. And if i'm correct there is a similar menu in your control panel:

Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Installed Updates

4 minutes ago, p.klokgieter said:

Hmm, weird, even if you didn't have an SSD it shouldn't take so long. Takes 30 sec for me with a 6 year old HDD so. This might just be a Windows issue. How about trying to roll back before the update? I believe you have 2 options. First is you can either throw your whole PC back to a recovery point using the system restore. But before trying that you might want to try to uninstall the last update. I believe it's somewhere around:  

Start => Settings => Update and Security => Windows Update => Advanced Options => View your update history

You can uninstall every minor update there. And if i'm correct there is a similar menu in your control panel:

Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Installed Updates

I am so smart so I disabled this feature to save some space :)

33 minutes ago, TinyCoil said:

I am so smart so I disabled this feature to save some space :)

Didn't know you could actually disable that. I only knew you could disable the recovery points

I'd suggest rolling back, but even then you will be forced to upgrade at some point. So when you do need to upgrade, I'd suggest just doing a full reinstall of Windows 10. The Windows' MediaCreationTool is updated with the latest version. 

If you do decide to reinstall, I suggest installing in UEFI mode if your PC supports it. You should have much faster boot times.