Haswell and Maxwell!?

Darfuzz

How is the new upcomming Maxwell series of Nivida grapichs cards related to Haswell processors?

Im building my first computer and I'm planning on buying a Haswell i5 processors, but i dont want a

Nivida card because im going with a 280x. Is that wrong? Im asking because I now see the Nivida is 

related to Haswell, right? I like to keep my hard ware as related to eachother as possible.

It would be the most retarded decision from Nvidia if they make their GPU are only for Intel.

So yes you are fine. Only because many prebuilt and laptop combo is Intel Nvidia doesn't make AMD GPU can't be compatible with Intel. 

How is the new upcomming Maxwell series of Nivida grapichs cards related to Haswell processors?

Im building my first computer and I'm planning on buying a Haswell i5 processors, but i dont want a

Nivida card because im going with a 280x. Is that wrong? Im asking because I now see the Nivida is 

related to Haswell, right? I like to keep my hard ware as related to eachother as possible.

No they're not.

Haswell + 280x will work perfectly fine.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Well,

an AMD R9 280X is a nice GPU and meanwhile AMD and nVidia provide their own features... but they are both really good right now, so you can't do too much wrong in the higher GPU segment.

nVidia is related to Maxwell because this will be the new GPU gen with 20NM manufacturing process.

CPU wise I prefer Intel, unless I have to build a budget system for someone , but for my own rig I use Intel only because the performance is better of Intel CPUs. But there is no relation between Intel and nVidia or that a system with same CPU would perform better with an nVidia card.

Example:

An Intel i7 4770K with a nVidia GeForce GTX780 will have no advantage in comparision to use an Intel i7 4770K with an AMD R9 290 card.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Although the naming seems similar, they're completely unrelated. nVidia has this thing where they name their architectures after big names in science. Intel, on the other hand, seems to just pick names at random. 

They are not related at all

Wow! Thanks for the fast responses!

This took a huge weight of my brain!

They are not related in any way, Example:

baby.JPG

Character artist in the Games industry.

They are not at all related.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads