what 108ti to buy

smackarow25
Go to solution Solved by Daniel644,
3 hours ago, MilfShake said:

evga FTW3, the FTW line up uses higher quality components and also require more power so they have higher overclock headroom

Plus EVGA is the go-to brand for GPU, unless you don't like the styling of the cooler, then go with MSI Gaming X

even Gamers Nexus says the FTW3 is CRAZY OVERKILL and it's not worth the added cost over the SC2

3 hours ago, Obelisk said:

The MSI Seahawk X already has an AIO water cooler built in. 

good from the sound aspect for sure, but man that price premium

3 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

MSI Gaming X

Seams to be among the quietest coolest air cooled cards at speed so far tested that I've seen.

it really comes down to finding one that you like how it looks, from a company with good customer service, they all perform within a few percentage points of each other, you won't know one from the other in a "blind taste test", so it really doesn't matter as long as you don't get a Founders Edition or other blower style coolers like the Founders, thats the only time heat becomes an issue.

i am looking at some 1080ties and i don,t know what to choose.

ps. i quite like overclocking and i would like to know what has a good reputation for good silcon  

MSI Gaming X

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

I went with the EVGA SC2 because it was literally the only 1080 Ti small enough to fit in my use case (a Fractal Design Node 804 with a Corsair H100i in the front)

word on the street is the evga sc2 1080ti is a masterpiece of a card. I'd go with that one plus gd cs. 

evga FTW3, the FTW line up uses higher quality components and also require more power so they have higher overclock headroom

Plus EVGA is the go-to brand for GPU, unless you don't like the styling of the cooler, then go with MSI Gaming X

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

3 hours ago, MilfShake said:

even Gamers Nexus says the FTW3 is CRAZY OVERKILL and it's not worth the added cost over the SC2

3 hours ago, Obelisk said:

good from the sound aspect for sure, but man that price premium

3 hours ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

MSI Gaming X

Seams to be among the quietest coolest air cooled cards at speed so far tested that I've seen.

it really comes down to finding one that you like how it looks, from a company with good customer service, they all perform within a few percentage points of each other, you won't know one from the other in a "blind taste test", so it really doesn't matter as long as you don't get a Founders Edition or other blower style coolers like the Founders, thats the only time heat becomes an issue.