G-Sync + ULMB?

orangecat

So I'm aware that ULMB and G-Sync aren't supposed to work at the same time but I saw online that some people were able to trick the Nvidia driver into allowing both at the same time if you had a 3D Vision kit hooked up. Well I don't have a 3D Vision kit and I don't know if I'll buy one any time soon but I'd love to use ULMB with G-Sync.

Is there any way to hack it to work without buying a 3D Vision kit?

3 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

So I'm aware that ULMB and G-Sync aren't supposed to work at the same time but I saw online that some people were able to trick the Nvidia driver into allowing both at the same time if you had a 3D Vision kit hooked up. Well I don't have a 3D Vision kit and I don't know if I'll buy one any time soon but I'd love to use ULMB with G-Sync.

Is there any way to hack it to work without buying a 3D Vision kit?

3d vision kit is required for the hack unfortunately. 

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I assume it uses some aspect of the 3D system to get it to do the pulsing for ULMB

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I think the problem with enabling both is it can cause variable brightness because ULMB's pulse width is based on the refresh rate and since the system isn't really expecting this, it may not adjust the pulse width appropriately. And if it could recalculate the pulse width, it may add delay or cause unpleasant strobing.