Temp problems

Akadis

Hello Guys,

so last week i had some Problems with my PC which I solved (What was wrong is here) by reinstalling windows new.

Now I wanted to check my System if everything is working fine and I ran HWMonitor and Prime95 and I saw that the CPU temps reach 100°C in no time.

I have a corsair h100i GTX cooler on my (not overclocked) 6700K (Core speeds where at 4200MHz going down some times to ~3800).

Because I wasn't sure if that is ok i checked the air coming from the cooler which didn't seem any warmer (maybe because i switched the test off).

My idle Temps are around 30-40°C

I think I'll take it apart reapply thermal paste.

While doing that i want to test if the pump is working fine but I am not sure how to do that? 

Btw I checked the rpm of the pump in corsair Link where it says that it runs on 3000rpm.

Any suggestions how to proceed?

put the pump on another computer start it up and check if it is moving water by making the pipe go into a bucket, if the pump is working fine then it should be a thermal paste problem 

Feel free to quote me if you want an answer

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

I fly the Boeing 737-800 for Turkish Airlines

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

CPU: Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo                                                                  

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 550 Aero ITX 1gb (amazing gpu btw)   
RAM: 2x4 Mismatched Ram Sticks                                                          

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5                                                                  

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE                                                                               

Case: HP 7500 Series MT Case                                                            

PSUCooler Master 500W Elite                                                              

Workstation:

CPU: i7 5960x @4.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Kraken X62                                                                                                                 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 1G

RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Mobo: Asus X99- Deluxe

HDD: WD Blue 4TB 5200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Case: Corsair 750D 

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

1 minute ago, weed said:

put the pump on another computer start it up and check if it is moving water by making the pipe go into a bucket, if the pump is working fine then it should be a thermal paste problem 

well am i not voiding varrenty by taking the pump apart?

Just now, Akadis said:

well am i not voiding varrenty by taking the pump apart?

if your scared of voiding warranty then you can send the pump to corsair and tell them that it is not cooling properly 

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

Workstation:

3 minutes ago, weed said:

if your scared of voiding warranty then you can send the pump to corsair and tell them that it is not cooling properly 

ok thanks if i need to use the pc now and temps stay below 70°C do i need to worry or is it fine as long as i don't stress it?

Btw what should the temps be when running prime on my setup?

Just now, Akadis said:

ok thanks if i need to use the pc now and temps stay below 70°C do i need to worry or is it fine as long as i don't stress it?

Btw what should the temps be when running prime on my setup?

Actually if it above 70 it is fine your limit is 80 you could fetch your stock cooler and put that for now, if you cant find your stock cooler remove one of the case fans and try to hang in a way to make it blow air on the CPU, i did that when my cpu cooler got broken, and what do you mean by running prime

Specs

Workstation:

5 minutes ago, weed said:

Actually if it above 70 it is fine your limit is 80 you could fetch your stock cooler and put that for now, if you cant find your stock cooler remove one of the case fans and try to hang in a way to make it blow air on the CPU, i did that when my cpu cooler got broken, and what do you mean by running prime

so when running prime95 the temps shouldn't rise over 80°C?

Just now, Akadis said:

Ooooooh you mean that prime, oh no dont your computer is gonna go over 100 degrees dont try it, when i told you the fan method i was using it for simple word editing and watching youtube videos i was getting like 72 degrees that is with no cooler only with a case fan blowing at it, dont stress test the computer in any way with no cooler 

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, Akadis said:

when i said it will not rise over 80c i meant it wont rise over that temp doing normal everyday things like watching youtube and writing word documents 

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

Ooooooh you mean that prime, oh no dont your computer is gonna go over 100 degrees dont try it, when i told you the fan method i was using it for simple word editing and watching youtube videos i was getting like 72 degrees that is with no cooler only with a case fan blowing at it, dont stress test the computer in any way with no cooler 

xD i know that, i mean when I have new thermal past on with the cooler what temps i need to get in order to say: ok system is running fine now

between 65 and 75 

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

between 65 and 75 

Just now, Akadis said:

xD i know that, i mean when I have new thermal past on with the cooler what temps i need to get in order to say: ok system is running fine now

oh no forget what i said between 65 and 75 i just read some reviews online people are saying 80+ degrees 

Specs

Workstation:

12 minutes ago, Akadis said:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=149668

Speaking of thermal paste i just changed mine, and what thermal paste are you gonna use? 

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, Akadis said:

Arctic MX-4

you have a pretty good thermal compound, but im still 80% sure that you will reach the 80 degrees 

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

you have a pretty good thermal compound, but im still 80% sure that you will reach the 80 degrees 

I test realbench in a sec because they said prime95 isn'T that good

Just now, Akadis said:

I test realbench in a sec because they said prime95 isn'T that good

good luck 

Specs

Workstation:

15 minutes ago, weed said:

good luck 

well can't run realbench becaus i am missing the OpenCL.dll

testing what happens if i run prime again and hold down the cooler a little

Just now, Akadis said:

well can't run realbench becaus i am missing the OpenCL.dll

testing what happens if i run prime again and hold down the cooler a little

are you trying the fan trick or the water cooler?

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

are you trying the fan trick or the water cooler?

pressing down my water cooler 

Just now, Akadis said:

pressing down my water cooler 

ok, tell me what happens

Specs

Workstation:

1 minute ago, weed said:

ok, tell me what happens

nope no improvement. I reapply thermal paste in the next one or two hours i'll post an update after that

@weed here is the output of the HWMonitor maybe you find something (the right column are the numbers while testing with prime)

Unbenannt.PNG

Just now, Akadis said:

@weed here is the output of the HWMonitor maybe you find something (the right column are the numbers while testing with prime)

Unbenannt.PNG

Try downclocking your CPU and your voltage seems too high check if you have played with the voltage and your power seems too low, can you send me everything? 

Specs

Workstation:

@weed i am working on it atm as soon as it's running again i do another test and post everything