6600k OC

Had a day off today so i decided to see how far my cpu can go. Basically, i just turned off Cstates, turbo etc.. Set vcore to 1.250 and multi to x47.

Runs IBT on max with 65 degrees C ceiling, x264 with never going above 55.

Did i possibly hit a jackpot? Will see how far it can go later today and post results.

20 minutes ago, FiveNine said:

Had a day off today so i decided to see how far my cpu can go. Basically, i just turned off Cstates, turbo etc.. Set vcore to 1.250 and multi to x47.

Runs IBT on max with 65 degrees C ceiling, x264 with never going above 55.

Did i possibly hit a jackpot? Will see how far it can go later today and post results.

Thats amazing, you might have hit a jackpot. Try testing the ASUS RealBench and Aida64 for a couple hours just to make sure, as that voltage could be too low. Also make sure it is actually hitting that clock (when OCing mine, it only reached 3900 MHz because in the power settings that was what the max was set at, so I had to change it). Personally mine runs at 4.5 GHz with 1.232 Vcore +0.085 offset. To get 4.6 I have to have a 0.15 offset.

i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz |I| Hyper 212 EVO |I| ASUS STRIX Z270E |I| 8 GB DDR4 HyperX FURY
GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB @ 2088 MHz
DEEPCOOL TESSERACT WH |I| EVGA 500 W1 80+
1TB 7200rpm HDD |I| 120GB SSD
GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

Corsair K70 LUX RGB |I| Corsair M65 Pro RGB
PCPP: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/DHzYcf

1 hour ago, NuclearKing said:

Thats amazing, you might have hit a jackpot. Try testing the ASUS RealBench and Aida64 for a couple hours just to make sure, as that voltage could be too low. Also make sure it is actually hitting that clock (when OCing mine, it only reached 3900 MHz because in the power settings that was what the max was set at, so I had to change it). Personally mine runs at 4.5 GHz with 1.232 Vcore +0.085 offset. To get 4.6 I have to have a 0.15 offset.

I can get it to boot 4.8 with 1.280v but locks up when stress test starts.. It takes 1.350 to not crash, i think i'll leave it at 4.5 with least possible voltage and start messing with the ram