Weird sort of lag

Bugses

Its hard to describe this problem, hence the weird title. I have a dual-monitor setup, one with a Asus ROG Swift PG279Q (1st under Displays) and a Dell U2713HM. Its my Asus monitor whos acting up. I have set it up, to 165hz, both in Windows and in the monitor menu. Sometimes, my games get a sort of lag when I play, but if I move the game to the other monitor, then the lag disappears. Also, if I go into Display Settings, change the resolution and then change it back again, then the lag disappears on my Asus monitor as well. I have tried to go back to a earlier GPU driver, but that didn't help. The game where I notice it the most in, is Football Manager.

Any ideas what the hell this is?

Fractal Define R5 - i7-5820K - Noctua DH-D15S - GLH GTX 1070 - Strix X99 Gaming - HyperX Fury 2400MHz 16GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2

30 minutes ago, Bugses said:

Its hard to describe this problem, hence the weird title. I have a dual-monitor setup, one with a Asus ROG Swift PG279Q (1st under Displays) and a Dell U2713HM. Its my Asus monitor whos acting up. I have set it up, to 165hz, both in Windows and in the monitor menu. Sometimes, my games get a sort of lag when I play, but if I move the game to the other monitor, then the lag disappears. Also, if I go into Display Settings, change the resolution and then change it back again, then the lag disappears on my Asus monitor as well. I have tried to go back to a earlier GPU driver, but that didn't help. The game where I notice it the most in, is Football Manager.

Do you have a automatic mode for hz on the monitor?

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, simonbyrial said:

Do you have a automatic mode for hz on the monitor?

If it has, I haven't been able to find it.

Fractal Define R5 - i7-5820K - Noctua DH-D15S - GLH GTX 1070 - Strix X99 Gaming - HyperX Fury 2400MHz 16GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎11 at 10:21 AM, Bugses said:

This is just a wild guess, but have you tried matching the resfresh rate?

Your Asus monitor pulls 165hz put I'm guessing your Dell monitor does not. You may have to turn down the RR on your Asus one.

Having two different RR's may be the cause.