BIOS issue

Good day guys,

I accidentally posted on the wrong part of the forum earlier and I apologize for that. Anyways, I have this problem on the motherboard where it takes too long to boot with LED code that gets stuck on 0d for a while (like 30 seconds) and then cycles back again but boots properly. Everytime I boot up from shutdown, the BIOS resets itself.

Spoiler

Gigabyte GA-X370 Gaming K7
Ryzen 7 1700 3.0Ghz with the stock Wraith Cooler
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Corsair Vengeance 16Gb (3000Mhz)
Corsair CX500 PSU
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe
Samsung 750 EVO 250Gb SSD
1Tb Western Digital HDD
3Tb Seagate BarraCuda

IMG_20170512_123208.jpg

IMG_20170512_130453.jpg

Edited by Juke

When you say the bios resets its self I'm assuming you mean it restores it back to factory settings? 

1 hour ago, kb5zue said:

Crazy question but is the bios up-2-date?

Just recently flashed and is now up to date but the problem is still occuring.

1 hour ago, CookieMaster said:

When you say the bios resets its self I'm assuming you mean it restores it back to factory settings? 

Something like that. It just goes back to the default config like nothing happened in the bios. None of my files in the hard drives are affected though...

Another goofy question.  How about the battery on the motherboard?  Have you taken it out and possibly put it back in upside-down?  How old is the battery?  If that battery goes dead your bios settings go with it and will return to default because the settings you changed won't be saved.  Idk, just thinkin..........

1 hour ago, kb5zue said:

Another goofy question.  How about the battery on the motherboard?  Have you taken it out and possibly put it back in upside-down?  How old is the battery?  If that battery goes dead your bios settings go with it and will return to default because the settings you changed won't be saved.  Idk, just thinkin..........

I replaced it with a new one too 'cause I thought that's the problem. Turns out it isn't and the problem is still there...  This is really pissing me off so much.

Did you try to use only 1 RAM stick?

And if it makes you feel any better, it takes 20sec for my BIOS. At least that's what my task manager in windows 10 is saying.

And that's with all Ryzen systems .. it just takes long time to boot.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

9 hours ago, Simon771 said:

Did you try to use only 1 RAM stick?

And if it makes you feel any better, it takes 20sec for my BIOS. At least that's what my task manager in windows 10 is saying.

And that's with all Ryzen systems .. it just takes long time to boot.

I'm fine with the regular long boot on ryzen... Thing is, it cycles twice before booting properly and then resets the bios on its own everytime I turn it on. I troubleshooted already and I'm guessing that the problem here is either the mobo or processor.

Also, do you get the code "0d" when you're booting? I have this problem and it gets stuck there for a while...

IMG_20170512_123208.jpg

Had another idea just to double check.  How about the little clip on the motherboard where you clear the bios?  Is there a possibility that the jumper is in the wrong place?  Just thinking that maybe the jumper/clip got left in the wrong place the last time the BIOS was reset and forgot to put it back in the regular place?  Just thinkin............

Actually it's a problem with some Ryzen motherboards.

On 12/05/2017 at 8:16 PM, kb5zue said:

Had another idea just to double check.  How about the little clip on the motherboard where you clear the bios?  Is there a possibility that the jumper is in the wrong place?  Just thinking that maybe the jumper/clip got left in the wrong place the last time the BIOS was reset and forgot to put it back in the regular place?  Just thinkin............

There's no jumper/clip left on the mobo though...

On 12/05/2017 at 8:22 PM, Darth Revan said:

Actually it's a problem with some Ryzen motherboards.

Really? I think I'll just wait for another update on bios 'cause it might get fixed. If not, I'll just RMA this mobo then. 

5 minutes ago, Juke said:

Really? I think I'll just wait for another update on bios 'cause it might get fixed. If not, I'll just RMA this mobo then. 

Yeah, some motherboards have this issue.

My guess is that the upcoming bios fix will address this since it's not specific to just one model of board.