Serious Windows 8.1 issues

Loulutch

Ive been having some quite severe problems with my new-ish  PC. Ive had it for about 5 months now, and i can no longer seem to access steam. I Can not open any programs at all, except for team speak, MSI afterburner, And Fire Fox.

Being a cheapskate, i had carried the windows i had had on my laptop onto my computer, by just moving across my ssd. I have been able to remove all the remnants of the lenovo programs, form my laptops os. Windows had been working fine, up until the 1st may, when steam started to have problems. i took the advice of a steam support person, and uninstalled all programs files in the steam folder except for steam.exe and steamapps. It had worked, but steam would sometimes crash. it has been getting worse, until yesterday, when both origin and steam, would not launch. I even tried to open the nvidia Geforce Experience program, which would not load, and sat with only the borders, and a white screen. Ive got no idea what to do, i still have all my steam games, but no way of accessing them. Im Most Likely going to reformat my ssd, and get windows 10

Any Help is appreciated, but i think its better for me to get windows 10

If you've got issues with 8.1 then just do a clean upgrade to Windows 10. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

If you've got issues with 8.1 then just do a clean upgrade to Windows 10. 

Yeah, thats my plan, but im not really willing to pay the £80 for a licence, i suppose i could go to kinguin

3 minutes ago, Loulutch said:

Yeah, thats my plan, but im not really willing to pay the £80 for a licence, i suppose i could go to kinguin

You can legally download it for free. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10  

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

Just now, Loulutch said:

cool thanks, ill set to work on it now...    Thanks for the help

Just click 'Update now' and it should download the updater tool. You also don't have to worry about getting a licence as it uses the licence you have for 8.1

زندگی از چراغ

Just click 'Update now' and it should download the updater tool. You also don't have to worry about getting a licence as it uses the licence you have for 8.1

dosent work, it has fallen victum to the same thing as steam, it "launches" but then, just dosent appear

dosent work, it has fallen victum to the same thing as steam, it "launches" but then, just dosent appear

You might have to do a clean installation of 8.1 then go to download the Windows 10 updater. 

زندگی از چراغ

You might have to do a clean installation of 8.1 then go to download the Windows 10 updater. 

Never Mind Sorry, i had to run it in compatibility mode, its intsalling now

Ive been having some quite severe problems with my new-ish  PC. Ive had it for about 5 months now, and i can no longer seem to access steam. I Can not open any programs at all, except for team speak, MSI afterburner, And Fire Fox.

Being a cheapskate, i had carried the windows i had had on my laptop onto my computer, by just moving across my ssd. I have been able to remove all the remnants of the lenovo programs, form my laptops os. Windows had been working fine, up until the 1st may, when steam started to have problems. i took the advice of a steam support person, and uninstalled all programs files in the steam folder except for steam.exe and steamapps. It had worked, but steam would sometimes crash. it has been getting worse, until yesterday, when both origin and steam, would not launch. I even tried to open the nvidia Geforce Experience program, which would not load, and sat with only the borders, and a white screen. Ive got no idea what to do, i still have all my steam games, but no way of accessing them. Im Most Likely going to reformat my ssd, and get windows 10

Any Help is appreciated, but i think its better for me to get windows 10

Firstly that copy of Windows on your laptop was most likely OEM and is not to be transferred to other systems. You should never transfer a Windows install like that, your begging for issues. 

You can legally download it for free. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10  

Technically you can download Windows 10 for free, BUT its technically a trial that never expires. Legally MS Windows must be purchased. Certain features will be unavailable in the trial state. But you can unlock them once you purchase a license. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.