Roccat Ryos Mechanical keyboard [MK PRO] [early 2013]

cypto

Roccat will be releasing their latest mechanical keyboard towards early 2013 first shown at CES.

Still waiting for exact dates because as soon as these are realsed I will be picking one up.

[url=http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Ryos-MK-Pro/]http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Ryos-MK-Pro/[/url=http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Ryos-MK-Pro/]

Full look of the keyboard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n5005[/ATTACH]

roccat-ryos-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-top.png

side usb hub on the right side, closest to mouse for short mouse cable management, along with mic and headphone ports on the left side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n5006[/ATTACH]

Switch wise this is the first backlit Roccat keyboard with Mechanical switches. Featuring all cherry MX switch types Red,Black,Brown and Blue no membrane keys.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n5007[/ATTACH]

Main Features

• Anti-fingerprint design so no more messy fingerprints like the Roccat isku. Glossy without the fingerprints.
  • Adjustable feet for height with rubber surface on the bottom along with a decent layout of 5 anti-slip pads on the bottom.
  • Blue per-key backlighting.
  • N-Key rollover
  • 5 macro keys however with easy shift enables more key to take macro keys when holding the easy shift key.
  • Roccat talk - enables the mouse to take over the easy shift key and keys visa versa

Per keylighting being the main feature Roccat are pushing enables you to set up the keyboard lights using the inbuilt software for application dependant backlight.

For instance when holding CRTL in Adobe After Effects it will light up all keys that have keyboard shortcuts binded to them or starting up a game lighting up all the keys usable.

Not much known about this feature as all the keyboards shown as CES where hardware demo's only. No software working at the time but final release will include an open source way of programming the keyboard backlight, Completely open source.

This keyboard is also being released in 3 editions. All giving the choice of which cherry switch you prefer all with blue backlight as far as I know.

• MK Pro - per key lighting mechanical.
  • MK Glow - solid backlit only but still mechanical.
  • MK - Mechanical version only no backlight.

Overall that looks like a really sweet keyboard. Almost something I would consider looking at considering they have the combo of having MX Brown switches with Blue backlight (though I would prefer white). BUT, the biggest problem with this board is its non-standard layout. The smaller left Shift button absolutely kills me. I just can't stand moving button's locations and making other buttons (especially shift) small for sake of space.