out of practice need advice

Hi guys im new here been a fan of LTT for a while firstly id feel i should let you know my situation and my current ghetto rig 

right so im a father of 2 before the kids my head was well in the computer game back when lga775 and pheonoms where cool so my current rig has been ghettoed from a dell optiplex 745

specs are as follows

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti Boost
SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Unknown 7GB
MBD: Dell OptiPlex 745

anyway im needing help with a new build and the new intel stuff confuses me i am on quite a budget (somewhere around £100) i initally thought a i5 2500k would be my best bet until i hit ebay shopping and discovered lga 1151 boards gor around £50 new example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Biostar-H110MD-Pro-D4-Micro-ATX-Motherboard-Intel-Socket-LGA-1151-DDR4-DVI-/371859738743?hash=item5694915077:g:CoUAAOSwo4pYmHu4

my main purpose is going to be gaming and multimedia (youtube hd films etc) but i also want some future proofing so is a i5 2500k, ddr3 build better then a g4500 (tempary until ive saved up for a i7 ) ddr4 build much much better or or the cheap boards pants for the lga 1151 hope this makes some sense to you all

what's your budget?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

21 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

what's your budget?

Quoting him:
"i am on quite a budget (somewhere around £100)"

2 hours ago, MVPernula said:

Quoting him:
"i am on quite a budget (somewhere around £100)"

Its a tigh budget. If i were you, I would same up another 100$ and go for used parts. You can build a Pc with used parts from ebay for 130$, but for daily tasks: web browsing, youtube etc.

What games are you aiming in?

well I'm looking around £50 per purchase if you know what I mean like 8gb sticks of ddr3/4 ram are around £45 Il buy one one month and another another but overall I cant really spend more than £200 or the wife will kill me I have a half decent power supply and plan on transferring graphics card and ssd over all I need is motherboard ram processor cooler and maybe a case but like I say this time next year I can spend other increments of £50 on it for more ram \ better storage etc

I mainly play Rust and ark kids play a bit of Minecraft and Mrs likes to emulate retro stuff and I don't mind having settings turned down I feel my current rig lacks in processor. Power

^Remember to quote the people you want answers from, otherwise we wont see your replies. :)

You do it via the arrow under the comments

20 hours ago, MVPernula said:

^Remember to quote the people you want answers from, otherwise we wont see your replies. :)

You do it via the arrow under the comments

thanks I'm such a noob here Il jump on pc after work and sort it out :)

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:50 PM, herman mcpootis said:

what's your budget?

budgets a maximum of £200 just now next year I can throw another £100 at it maybe for more ram or whatever it needs I'm thinking of using the ssd,psu,gpu (power supply is a externally mounted atx 850w

2 minutes ago, sqwishy said:

budgets a maximum of £200 just now next year I can throw another £100 at it maybe for more ram or whatever it needs I'm thinking of using the ssd,psu,gpu (power supply is a externally mounted atx 850w

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£51.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Motherboard: MSI - H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£42.30 @ Novatech) find out if the bios supports kabylake cpus.
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£50.14 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £144.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-10 09:48 BST+0100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, tropicano said:

What games are you aiming in?

I mainly play Rust and ark kids play a bit of Minecraft and Mrs likes to emulate retro stuff and I don't mind having settings turned down I feel my current rig lacks in processor Power also budgets been upped to £200 now talked the Mrs in to it and anything I can salvage off the old rig I will

44 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£51.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Motherboard: MSI - H110M PRO-VD PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£42.30 @ Novatech) find out if the bios supports kabylake cpus.
Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£50.14 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £144.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-10 09:48 BST+0100

thanks for that its roughly along the lines of what i was thinking only thing that concers me with that build is upgradeability on the motherboard side would something like this board be acceptable for that build http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-GA-Z170-HD3P-Motherboard-INTEL-LGA1151-/262973715427?hash=item3d3a7473e3:g:mksAAOSwnONZEDtw

Just now, sqwishy said:

thanks for that its roughly along the lines of what i was thinking only thing that concers me with that build is upgradeability on the motherboard side would something like this board be acceptable for that build http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gigabyte-GA-Z170-HD3P-Motherboard-INTEL-LGA1151-/262973715427?hash=item3d3a7473e3:g:mksAAOSwnONZEDtw

that board will work but it's very overkill for a g4560, and you will still have to check with the seller if the bios has been updated to support kabylake cpus. nothing wrong with the h110 board, you just get less features and no overclocking, it won't prevent you from using higher-end graphics cards or processors.

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

that board will work but it's very overkill for a g4560, and you will still have to check with the seller if the bios has been updated to support kabylake cpus. nothing wrong with the h110 board, you just get less features and no overclocking, it won't prevent you from using higher-end graphics cards or processors.

i realize it would be overkill just now but eventually id want to upgrade to i5 maybe and moybe put an overclock on it

Just now, sqwishy said:

i realize it would be overkill just now but eventually id want to upgrade to i5 maybe and moybe put an overclock on it

i wouldn't bother with an i5 6600/7600k today, it'll still bottleneck a gtx 1070 or better gpu after some overclocking. instead, get a locked i5 or i7 for your next upgrade.

1 minute ago, herman mcpootis said:

i wouldn't bother with an i5 6600/7600k today, it'll still bottleneck a gtx 1070 or better gpu after some overclocking. instead, get a locked i5 or i7 for your next upgrade.

thanks il keep that in mind