Which Wacom cintiq is better?

MAMAs_b0y

Hey so I'm torn between which model of cintiq to get, I can't make up my mind its driving me crazy. I'm looking at the Cintiq Pro 16 and the Cintiq 27 QHD. So for the most part the hard decision making comes down to the QHD being way bigger but the Pro 16 being higher resolution (and then there's obviously the price difference). I'd be using it for 3D animation and drawing. My thinking for the QHD is well obviously because its big, I think this will especially be beneficial with 3D software where there's a lot of ui elements and floating windows, on the other hand I'm worried 1440p over 27 inches won't be high enough resolution for doing subtle movements. Then with the Pro 16 basically the opposite, I think the way higher DPI will be great for small details, but that 16 inches won't be big enough in some cases. I've never owned a cintiq before so I'm not sure what aspects of the screen are most important. So just based on what I've said so far I'd be inclined to get the QHD, but there are two other things that crossed my mind. One being the pro pen 2 that comes with the Pro 16 vs the older pen that comes with the QHD, do the new features like the 8192 pressure levels make it noticeably different? And the other thing being the QHD came out over 2 years ago and I'm afraid right after I buy it Wacom will announce a 4k version of the 27 QHD and I'll be stuck with the 1440p version. Is that a possibility or am I completely off base? Any input is appreciated thanks!

I think you should get the big one, I don't think the resolution won't be an issue. And it'll only take one case of "dang I wish this was bigger" with the pro 16 to make you regret not getting the 27 inch.

Good point, I think that's that I'll do. Thanks!