Over clocking

Gigabyte GA-Gaming B8 I'm not sure if this mobo supports OC'ing or not 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

5 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Gigabyte GA-Gaming B8 I'm not sure if this mobo supports OC'ing or not 

It does not. It is a B250 chipset, which does not have an unlocked multiplier. You should look for a Z series chipset to overclock with the 1151 socket (Z170/Z270).

No, you need a Z270 or Z170 board to overclock

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, wzrd said:

It does not. It is a B250 chipset, which does not have an unlocked multiplier. You should look for a Z series chipset to overclock with the 1151 socket (Z170/Z270).

I know but it has the aesthetics I like

4 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

I know but it has the aesthetics I like

If you knew it couldn't overclock then why did you ask? If the aesthetics matter to you, find a similar looking board with a Z170/Z270 chipset, or else forget about overclocking and get that board. But make sure not to buy the more popular 'K' designated CPUs with that board, as you'll waste your money not being able to overclock them.

10 minutes ago, wzrd said:

If you knew it couldn't overclock then why did you ask? If the aesthetics matter to you, find a similar looking board with a Z170/Z270 chipset, or else forget about overclocking and get that board. But make sure not to buy the more popular 'K' designated CPUs with that board, as you'll waste your money not being able to overclock them.

GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-DESIGNARE that is a board that I like but I would prefer to have a black and green scheme 

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-DESIGNARE that is a board that I like but I would prefer to have a black and green scheme 

The LEDs on that board are RGB, meaning you can change them to green if you want.

If you want black and green, then simply look for a black and green motherboard with a Z170/Z270 chipset, I'm sure one exists.

4 minutes ago, wzrd said:

The LEDs on that board are RGB, meaning you can change them to green if you want.

If you want black and green, then simply look for a black and green motherboard with a Z170/Z270 chipset, I'm sure one exists.

SUPERMICRO C7Z270-CG I don't know if it is good