CPU: AMD FX8350

AIO: Corsair H80i

MB: Sabertooth fx990 R2.0

RAM: Kingston Hyper X

GPU: Sapphire R9 280x dual x.

SSD: Crucial

HDD: WD Black.

PSU: Corsair RM850

So I recently bought new braided PSU cables on Amazon, they are corsair brand compatible with my PSU. I took my computer almost all the way apart to clean up and install new cables. I actually only ended up using the 24pin, CPU, and GPU power connections. 

Before the change i had the AIO mounted on the back of the case, the fans plugged directly with the AIO included connections. I had 4 case fans, 2 of which were connected to the case switch, the 2 others were plugged to the MB. 

The change. I moved AIO to the front of the case, removed 2 case fans, and one radiator fan, which left me with one fan on the rad, on front case fan and one exhaust fan. the rear case fan i have it connected to the AIO connection and the Rad fan the same way. The additional front fan is connected to the MB. I used new braided cable for the 24 pin, cpu power, and gpu power, to my storage I used original power connection. 

Problem, upon my first boot up. my Boot_Device led was on and it booted to the BIOS. and could not see my SSD. upon only a reset, the LED came on again. but this time the LED turned off and the PC booted up as normal. it was on for about 30min. then it locked up. PC was on fans were going but no picture. the screen did not say "no signal" just blank screen. i reset PC again and it booted up. this time it lasted for about 10 min. when monitoring temps. every thing was normal. no over heating. and any spikes in usage of ssd/hdd/cpu/ram. everything stayed normal. no blue screen. just locked up. Initially i thought its got to be somewhere with the SSD given the first boot issue. i check connections, swapped sata. the cycle continues 30 mins than 10 min. then i noticed according to Corsair link, one MB fan was jumping from 1200rpm to 60,000 rpm but no change with the actual fan. Fans connected to AIO running as normal. so i swapped fan. and this fan just started spinning as fast as it could, non stop. with the cycle continuing. So i unplugged the MB fans all together, and my computer has been on for hours. How ever i still notice some issues hear and there. like when i boot up. the Boot_device LED comes on but rather than just a flash to check system. it stays on longer than normal. but my computer boots up and runs. I also noticed when windows was loading, it took really long to load start up apps and open chrome. after it settled. everything is running as normal. 

could it be simply the braided cables are bad and delivering to much power? i haven't yet tried to swap them back.

but i am trying to get maybe some other things to check out. some how the MB fans are related.(i tried different fans/different ports on the MB)

other than trying the original power cables, idk what else. 

any ideas that are helpful i appreciate it. 

any questions for me please ask. or if something i said isn't clear please ask.

thanks for reading and the help in advance.

36 minutes ago, BeastlyJon said:

setup//

CPU: AMD FX8350

AIO: Corsair H80i

MB: Sabertooth fx990 R2.0

RAM: Kingston Hyper X

GPU: Sapphire R9 280x dual x.

SSD: Crucial

HDD: WD Black.

PSU: Corsair RM850

So I recently bought new braided PSU cables on Amazon, they are corsair brand compatible with my PSU. I took my computer almost all the way apart to clean up and install new cables. I actually only ended up using the 24pin, CPU, and GPU power connections. 

Before the change i had the AIO mounted on the back of the case, the fans plugged directly with the AIO included connections. I had 4 case fans, 2 of which were connected to the case switch, the 2 others were plugged to the MB. 

The change. I moved AIO to the front of the case, removed 2 case fans, and one radiator fan, which left me with one fan on the rad, on front case fan and one exhaust fan. the rear case fan i have it connected to the AIO connection and the Rad fan the same way. The additional front fan is connected to the MB. I used new braided cable for the 24 pin, cpu power, and gpu power, to my storage I used original power connection. 

Problem, upon my first boot up. my Boot_Device led was on and it booted to the BIOS. and could not see my SSD. upon only a reset, the LED came on again. but this time the LED turned off and the PC booted up as normal. it was on for about 30min. then it locked up. PC was on fans were going but no picture. the screen did not say "no signal" just blank screen. i reset PC again and it booted up. this time it lasted for about 10 min. when monitoring temps. every thing was normal. no over heating. and any spikes in usage of ssd/hdd/cpu/ram. everything stayed normal. no blue screen. just locked up. Initially i thought its got to be somewhere with the SSD given the first boot issue. i check connections, swapped sata. the cycle continues 30 mins than 10 min. then i noticed according to Corsair link, one MB fan was jumping from 1200rpm to 60,000 rpm but no change with the actual fan. Fans connected to AIO running as normal. so i swapped fan. and this fan just started spinning as fast as it could, non stop. with the cycle continuing. So i unplugged the MB fans all together, and my computer has been on for hours. How ever i still notice some issues hear and there. like when i boot up. the Boot_device LED comes on but rather than just a flash to check system. it stays on longer than normal. but my computer boots up and runs. I also noticed when windows was loading, it took really long to load start up apps and open chrome. after it settled. everything is running as normal. 

could it be simply the braided cables are bad and delivering to much power? i haven't yet tried to swap them back.

but i am trying to get maybe some other things to check out. some how the MB fans are related.(i tried different fans/different ports on the MB)

other than trying the original power cables, idk what else. 

any ideas that are helpful i appreciate it. 

any questions for me please ask. or if something i said isn't clear please ask.

thanks for reading and the help in advance.

Was the cables compatible with your PSU specifically or not because that could cause that or the cables are damaged but likely they are not they are not compatible with your PSU

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

On 5/4/2017 at 10:06 PM, Billy_Mays said:

Was the cables compatible with your PSU specifically or not because that could cause that or the cables are damaged but likely they are not they are not compatible with your PSU

Yes they are comparable. I ran through and checked just now to double check in case I missed something. 

The models I got were:

Kit: Corsair 8920050

24pin: 8920058

Both show compatability with RM series

Today I'm going to put the old cables in to see if there is a difference. 

3 hours ago, BeastlyJon said:

Yes they are comparable. I ran through and checked just now to double check in case I missed something. 

The models I got were:

Kit: Corsair 8920050

24pin: 8920058

Both show compatability with RM series

Today I'm going to put the old cables in to see if there is a difference. 

Ok I was making sure you didn't buy cables that didn't work

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500