Strange power issue

jonny13569

Just invested in Ryzen. Got the Gigbyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5, 1600X and 2x8GB of 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance LED RAM. Hooked it up to my existing Corsair RM750i PSU, Corsair H115i Cooler and MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G expecting thing to run smoothly but once the power was turned on the LED on the on board power button and the white LEDs on the RAM came on but were flickering. In addition to this the PSU makes a clicking sound (about the same frequency as the flickers). I thought it may be the fact it has never powered on before and pressed the power button and all lights went out and the clicking stopped, the only way to get the lights back on is to unplug the 24 pin motherboard power and plug it back in again. No error code on the MoBo and the fans do not even start to spin so I am totally stuck what to try.

The first build the PSU was in everything powered on fine, the second build (listed in the signature) the computer seem to power on twice, first time for a second then turn off for a few seconds then turn on and POST. This is the only thing I can give as a clue as to what's going on. Sadly I don't just have another PSU just chilling in my wardrobe to try out and see if the PSU is indeed the problem.

Any suggestions as to what the issue is? Thank you in advance.

Edit: If it wasn't clear this system has never powered on so there is no OS.

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming 5     CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X       Cooler: Corsair H115i with Noctua NF-A14 Fans     GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970 Gaming 4G

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair LED 3200         Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO and 1TB WD Black Enterprise

PSU: Corsair RM750i           Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG in Grey

sounds like either the psu has a problem, or something is shorted.  Its a lot of work, but my next step (should have been the first step for a new build) would be to pull everything out of the case and test it setting on a cardboard box. 

Also you can try reseating the graphics and memory.  Computers will do weird things when the memory isnt seated the whole way. 

@intender my test bench is set up and everything i could reseat has been reseated and it does exactly the same thing. Tried with one RAM stick too, same thing.

Could it be my PSU not providing enough voltage?

I have a ticket open with Gigabyte for support so if we can't solve it here then I'll post the fix thy give me.

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming 5     CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X       Cooler: Corsair H115i with Noctua NF-A14 Fans     GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970 Gaming 4G

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair LED 3200         Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO and 1TB WD Black Enterprise

PSU: Corsair RM750i           Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG in Grey