Compatible RAM?

Go to solution Solved by Splodge1231,
6 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

I want to give my friend my old 8GB of Crucial RAM. He also has 8GB of Crucial RAM but his has a blue shroud. How can I find out what model the RAM sticks are, and if they're compatible?

Ram will always be compatible (In a desktop) but the faster RAM will slow down to match the slower RAM. 

I want to give my friend my old 8GB of Crucial RAM. He also has 8GB of Crucial RAM but his has a blue shroud. How can I find out what model the RAM sticks are, and if they're compatible?

6 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

Ram will always be compatible (In a desktop) but the faster RAM will slow down to match the slower RAM. 

49 minutes ago, Splodge1231 said:

So even if the model is different, it'll be fine? They share the same speed, and are both DDR3. I read somewhere it's not a good idea to mix RAM?

1 hour ago, K0MP4CT said:

So even if the model is different, it'll be fine? They share the same speed, and are both DDR3. I read somewhere it's not a good idea to mix RAM?

Mostly, just check the specs. It's a bit hit and miss. You are very unlikely to break something so you could just remove it if it doesn't work

3 hours ago, Splodge1231 said:

Mostly, just check the specs. It's a bit hit and miss. You are very unlikely to break something so you could just remove it if it doesn't work

It worked without issues! Thank you :)