Monitor not showing anything

Sorna

So i finished building my pc yesterday and decided to open it for the first time today.

I have plugged my monitor,my keyboard and my mouse to the pc but even though the pc

seems to work fine once i press the button (fans start spinning mobo lights turn on, gpu fans

and rgb open) aswell as my mouse and keyboard open, my monitor stays black and nothing happens.

Is it because it doesnt have windows yet? I just want to go into the BIOS to check it out.

PS. im sure everything is plugged fine, main monitor cable goes to the wall and dvi cable connected

to gpu. Other than that, monitor came with a vga cable but im sure i dont need that

2 minutes ago, Skezzii said:

So i finished building my pc yesterday and decided to open it for the first time today.

I have plugged my monitor,my keyboard and my mouse to the pc but even though the pc

seems to work fine once i press the button (fans start spinning mobo lights turn on, gpu fans

and rgb open) aswell as my mouse and keyboard open, my monitor stays black and nothing happens.

Is it because it doesnt have windows yet? I just want to go into the BIOS to check it out.

PS. im sure everything is plugged fine, main monitor cable goes to the wall and dvi cable connected

to gpu. Other than that, monitor came with a vga cable but im sure i dont need that

Have you got the correct input selected?

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

check fuse in the monitor cable if its not turning on at all ie no standby light on the monitor check all connections does your mobo have post codes on it (higher end asus boards have 2 8bit displays for them as an example) check input on monitor ie if its on hdmi u anit gona get shit

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

have you installed drivers yet sometimes the computer won't display though GPU without drivers so you need to try with the VGA on the motherboard if that works go install your GPU drivers then reboot and you should be able to use your GPU then 

I lurk a lot

2 minutes ago, CatXice said:

check fuse in the monitor cable if its not turning on at all ie no standby light on the monitor check all connections does your mobo have post codes on it (higher end asus boards have 2 8bit displays for them as an example) check input on monitor ie if its on hdmi u anit gona get shit

Arent i supposed to plug my monitor to my GPU though?

Just now, Skezzii said:

Arent i supposed to plug my monitor to my GPU though?

ye but if the pc is not booting that could be y your not getting anything 

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

Just now, peej said:

have you installed drivers yet sometimes the computer won't display though GPU without drivers so you need to try with the VGA on the motherboard if that works go install your GPU drivers then reboot and you should be able to use your GPU then 

Its the first time i open this pc, i just built it yesterday. In order to install drivers arent i suppoed to see something first?

PS. I havent even installed windows yet

Oh i just realised what you guys are saying.

You are telling me to connect through mobo and when i install gpu drivers i plug it to gpu?

Just now, Skezzii said:

Its the first time i open this pc, i just built it yesterday. In order to install drivers arent i suppoed to see something first?

PS. I havent even installed windows yet

yeah so you need use the motherboard VGA out first to install windows and drivers then you can use your gpu

I lurk a lot

4 minutes ago, peej said:

yeah so you need use the motherboard VGA out first to install windows and drivers then you can use your gpu

Exactly.

On some cases you can plug everything in to the GPU, sometimes not.

So try the MOBO :)

3 minutes ago, peej said:

I just connected the dvi cable to the mobo but still, nothing happens. Not even a 

light on the monitor corner where you press the on off thing.

Does it matter which side of the dvi cable goes where? They are both identical

Just now, Skezzii said:

I just connected the dvi cable to the mobo but still, nothing happens. Not even a 

light on the monitor corner where you press the on off thing.

Does it matter which side of the dvi cable goes where? They are both identical

are you sure your monitor is turned on at the wall and on the monitor itself?

I lurk a lot

Just now, peej said:

What do you mean on the wall?

Im just trying to press the on thing which is in the front right corner

of the monitor.

Dont tell me there is another on switch on monitor. That will make me feel so stupid :D

Just now, Skezzii said:

What do you mean on the wall?

He means at the plug socket on the wall

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

He means at the plug socket on the wall

5 minutes ago, peej said:

WOW i just found it. There was a tiny button on the bottom of the monitor and once i pressed it, it 

opened. Thank you guys, i guess i got excited so i didnt realise the monitor features

Just now, Skezzii said:

WOW i just found it. There was a tiny button on the bottom of the monitor and once i pressed it, it 

opened. Thank you guys, i guess i got excited so i didnt realise the monitor features

no problem glad i could help

I lurk a lot