Laptop Frame-Rate Issues

I recently got a new laptop with a geforce 940m, and the game i play the most is skyrim, which i was able to play on ultra for about a month.  but today all of my games started having issues (stutters, frame rate issues, ect...).  I've tried the regular steps, but nothing helps with these new found issues, can anyone help me with this?

Make sure the system is using the 940m and not the Intel IGP (if that;s even possible).

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

34 minutes ago, Quaker said:

Make sure the system is using the 940m and not the Intel IGP (if that;s even possible).

it's both a setting in nvidia control panel and a righ click context menu option on all) programs: run with "powerful" nvidia graphics.

the laptop should be clever enough to figure that out on its own tho.

yes. i have tried these, the laptop is brand spankin new, and i set the gpu to run with all the applications. (like i mentioned they all worked up until today).

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

it's both a setting in nvidia control panel and a righ click context menu option on all) programs: run with "powerful" nvidia graphics.

the laptop should be clever enough to figure that out on its own tho.

Yeah thats been checked already, i wish that was all it was

maybe you while gaming for a month have cracked a solder point and now there is extra resistence in a circuit path.

this why i never shutdown my xbox as to prevent full cooldown of circuits(as xbox360 known for shit behaivor after x# of heat and cool cycles) 

take a paper clip and bend it straight, now return it to original shape, this analogous heat/cool cycle.

as we know after so many bends the paper clip we break.

mobo solder points, the chip legs, and the solder are 3 different materials being bonded together as one.

all 3 have different thermal properties thus expand and contract at different rates. 

10 hours ago, bcguru9384 said:

maybe you while gaming for a month have cracked a solder point and now there is extra resistence in a circuit path.

this why i never shutdown my xbox as to prevent full cooldown of circuits(as xbox360 known for shit behaivor after x# of heat and cool cycles) 

take a paper clip and bend it straight, now return it to original shape, this analogous heat/cool cycle.

as we know after so many bends the paper clip we break.

mobo solder points, the chip legs, and the solder are 3 different materials being bonded together as one.

all 3 have different thermal properties thus expand and contract at different rates. 

i seriously doubt that this will happen within a month's time...

10 hours ago, AnthonyXMarr said:

yes. i have tried these, the laptop is brand spankin new, and i set the gpu to run with all the applications. (like i mentioned they all worked up until today).

what are temperatures like?