Reinstalling windows 10 from cd. SSD not detected

Raysharr

I have a pc with windows ten. SSD is formatted. I connected an optical drive with the CD with windows 10. Going though the options to reinstall windows, the SSD was not detected. I cannot install windows 10. Kinda wanted to get this pc up and running. SSD does have data and power connected. The  SSD is : apotop ssd s3c 128gb

Trouble finding drivers to try to progress further in deploying this PC.

Check BIOS to see if the drive is detected, if not you either have a faulty SSD or you just need to double check the cables are plugged in (and if thats all correct plug it into a different SATA port). 

If it is not detected then your installation disk is probably broken or you could be doing something wrong, That's all I can think of doing.

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

6 minutes ago, Marshall212 said:

Check BIOS to see if the drive is detected, if not you either have a faulty SSD or you just need to double check the cables are plugged in (and if thats all correct plug it into a different SATA port). 

If it is not detected then your installation disk is probably broken or you could be doing something wrong, That's all I can think of doing.

it is detected now, rebooted again... now it provides me with a message " Windows can't be installed on drive 0 partition X" X meaning any of them.

5 minutes ago, Raysharr said:

it is detected now, rebooted again... now it provides me with a message " Windows can't be installed on drive 0 partition X" X meaning any of them.

Huh, I think windows doesn't like drives that have been partitioned already, You may need to delete it. I think you can do this in the installation.

EDIT: If you cant when your on the screen asking what drive to install windows on do Shift + F10, Some type of DOS/CMD window should open.

From there type the following in order:

1. diskpart
  2. list disk (Make sure it can still see the disk, should be "disk 0" with 120 something GBs)
  3. sel disk 0
  4. clean

This should clean the disk, Close the window and refresh the drives.

Edited by Marshall212
Added another method
Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!