Will this run CSGO?

the public

I wanna get my friend into gaming, but I'm not sure if his laptop can run any games.Will it?

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/pcs/NP470R5E-K01UB-specs

Thanks

i7-7700k @4.9Hz/MSI GTX 1070/Gigabyte z270x-Ultra Gaming/2tb Samsung 850 Evo/16gb Corsair Vengence LPX/Lian Li 011 Dynamic/Corsair RM750x

Glorious Model O/Corsair K70 MX Brown

Windows 10 64bit

Honestly, not trying to tear you down, but unless you're getting an amazing deal, that could be one of the worst laptops on the market for your needs. I recommend shopping around on Newegg to find a machine that provides a bit more oomph in a more power efficient package.

Low FPS - I can bench it for you, I have a similar machine

idk

Just now, Magikarpdrowned said:

Honestly, not trying to tear you down, but unless you're getting an amazing deal, that could be one of the worst laptops on the market for your needs. I recommend shopping around on Newegg to find a machine that provides a bit more oomph in a more power efficient package.

Apparently his friend already has it.

My native language is C++

I'd guess his friend is one of the "I'm a massive techie here are all my BS facts I know" kind of people. That wouldn't be a laptop I quickly recommend to anyone really... How much would you be paying for it?

Just now, Magikarpdrowned said:

I'd guess his friend is one of the "I'm a massive techie here are all my BS facts I know" kind of people. That wouldn't be a laptop I quickly recommend to anyone really... How much would you be paying for it?

2 minutes ago, Magikarpdrowned said:

He's introducing his friend to PC gaming

and he has that laptop

and he's wondering how it will run on that laptop

he's not buying the laptop, he's asking how it will run for his friend. 

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

He's introducing his friend to PC gaming

and he has that laptop

and he's wondering how it will run on that laptop

he's not buying the laptop, he's asking how it will run for his friend. 

You know what, I completely misread what OP was asking, I thought he was going to buy the laptop for his friend.

Lemme remove my head from my ass and I'll be back in a few minutes :P

The resolution is in your favour, but I wouldn't expect very good frame rates. You will also likely see dips in FPS, and studdering until you get the settings dialed in.

My only concern would be whether the performance of your friends laptop would turn him off of PC gaming.

8 hours ago, D_s_stone56 said:

I wanna get my friend into gaming, but I'm not sure if his laptop can run any games.Will it?

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/pcs/NP470R5E-K01UB-specs

Thanks

You'll have to mess around with a cfg file, but when you do that, it can run at 80 FPS at 960x540 on low.