Which 1440p ultrawide to buy

Owlman

I get my tax returns soon and I want to use it on an ultrawide gaming monitor, which should I buy? I've looked at the HP Omen X, Asus PG348Q and Acer Predator X34(A?). Are there any other contenders?

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW

doesn't really matter if you have the $$ does it? i have a x34. NO RAGRETS! 

2 minutes ago, vaiwalker said:

doesn't really matter if you have the $$ does it? i have a x34. NO RAGRETS! 

Probably does matter a bit as there are some differences. Example: the Omen X has another panel type :)

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

28 minutes ago, Owlman said:

I get my tax returns soon and I want to use it on an ultrawide gaming monitor, which should I buy? I've looked at the HP Omen X, Asus PG348Q and Acer Predator X34(A?). Are there any other contenders?

I don't know about the Omen X, but the ROG Swift and the Predator both are extremely similar in all aspects, and significantly vary only in design cues and styling.

And both of them are the all-round best in their class, be it Ultrawides, 4K, WQHD or 1080p. Both of them have every consumer feature a monitor can have until now. They do lack one feature - HDR (which may be introduced soon too :)). In fact, I've been eyeing both these monitors for a while too...

So here's my verdict: As I said I don't know about Omen X, but I'm sure that the other two are definitely better. But between the ROG Swift, and the Predator, it's up to you... Choose wisely :)

Nothing to see here ;)

1 minute ago, Anand_Geforce said:

I don't know about the Omen X, but the ROG Swift and the Predator both are extremely similar in all aspects, and significantly vary only in design cues and styling.

And both of them are the all-round best in their class, be it Ultrawides, 4K, WQHD or 1080p. Both of them have every consumer feature a monitor can have until now. They do lack one feature - HDR (which may be introduced soon too :)). In fact, I've been eyeing both these monitors for a while too...

So here's my verdict: As I said I don't know about Omen X, but I'm sure that the other two are definitely better. But between the ROG Swift, and the Predator, it's up to you... Choose wisely :)

Desktop Rig:

29 minutes ago, Owlman said:

Probably does matter a bit as there are some differences. Example: the Omen X has another panel type :)

ahh yes.. im not really the type of guy who goes too much into details about those specs though. never really bothered to learn the differences between LED or oLED or IPS or HDR and whatever type of technology they have out now.

walked in looking for a wide screen around 20+ inches, ended up getting a x34 instead. been great so far minus the fact that 21:9 isnt supported in many older games and some recent ones so you get the black bars on the sides, but they are sort of future proof i guess, since more games now do come with 21:9 support.

really depends on what features youre looking for too since each brand has its own style. and also after sales support, that's pretty important to me. acer here provided 3yrs warranty and on site support so that was a pretty good deal compared to other brands ive looked. wouldn't want to have to carry that beast around to a service center myself if something failed xD

47 minutes ago, vaiwalker said:

ahh yes.. im not really the type of guy who goes too much into details about those specs though. never really bothered to learn the differences between LED or oLED or IPS or HDR and whatever type of technology they have out now.

walked in looking for a wide screen around 20+ inches, ended up getting a x34 instead. been great so far minus the fact that 21:9 isnt supported in many older games and some recent ones so you get the black bars on the sides, but they are sort of future proof i guess, since more games now do come with 21:9 support.

really depends on what features youre looking for too since each brand has its own style. and also after sales support, that's pretty important to me. acer here provided 3yrs warranty and on site support so that was a pretty good deal compared to other brands ive looked. wouldn't want to have to carry that beast around to a service center myself if something failed xD

I'll get 2 years warranty on the acer and asus monitors, but only 1 year on the omen. no on-site support though, might be because the serviceman would need to travel half the country to repair the monitor

Desktop Rig:

2 hours ago, vaiwalker said:

how much space does the x34 stand use, my current desk is quite short so there isn't that much room between the display stand keyboard and the edge of the desk

Desktop Rig:

my desk is quite small too, its like 35.5inches x 21.5 and monitor's length is about 32.5 with the curve so length is just right. its positioned about close to the center, but my keyboard and mouse are under table so not a problem for me xD

19 hours ago, Owlman said:

how much space does the x34 stand use, my current desk is quite short so there isn't that much room between the display stand keyboard and the edge of the desk