Streaming on ryzen 1700

Specs: Ryzen 1700 not OCed on stock cooler, Mobo: Asus prime B350 plus  Ram: Corsair lpx 3000 8GB (running stock)  GPU: Nitro R9 380x

I'm gaming at 1080p on high and ultra for games no problem... Trying to stream 720p 30 to twitch at 2300kbps.  Every time the FPS in the bottom right of OBS just drops to 10 to 20 fps sometimes.  I'm using x264 encoder on fast preset.

I used to stream on my old rig no problem and that was an I7 3770k (sold it a while back before xmas, didn't directly go to ryzen from this so please don't say should have stuck with intel) and no I just cant seem to get it to stay at 30fps for streaming.

ps:  Only tried streaming overwatch right now plan on other games in a bit.

thanks for any and all help... I've gone through so many OBS setup vids on youtube I just don't know what or if I'm doing anything wrong

1 minute ago, TylerLovekeeper said:

Specs: Ryzen 1700 not OCed on stock cooler, Mobo: Asus prime B350 plus  Ram: Corsair lpx 3000 8GB (running stock)  GPU: Nitro R9 380x

I'm gaming at 1080p on high and ultra for games no problem... Trying to stream 720p 30 to twitch at 2300kbps.  Every time the FPS in the bottom right of OBS just drops to 10 to 20 fps sometimes.  I'm using x264 encoder on fast preset.

I used to stream on my old rig no problem and that was an I7 3770k (sold it a while back before xmas, didn't directly go to ryzen from this so please don't say should have stuck with intel) and no I just cant seem to get it to stay at 30fps for streaming.

thanks for any and all help... I've gone through so many OBS setup vids on youtube I just don't know what or if I'm doing anything wrong

bump it up to 60fps on the steam with highest bitrate u can see if it helps check cpu usage 

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

2 minutes ago, CatXice said:

bump it up to 60fps on the steam with highest bitrate u can see if it helps check cpu usage 

CPU usage showing in obs doesnt go above 27%

10 minutes ago, CatXice said:

just played a match... was 60 in the lobby   match started and drop to 15

2 minutes ago, TylerLovekeeper said:

just played a match... was 60 in the lobby   match started and drop to 15

is SMP on? are you on the last drivers? 

17 minutes ago, TylerLovekeeper said:

I'm gaming at 1080p on high and ultra for g GPU: Nitro R9 380xames no problem... Trying to stream 720p 30 to twitch at 2300kbps.  Every time the FPS in the bottom right of OBS just drops to 10 to 20 fps sometimes.  I'm using x264 encoder on fast preset.

GPU: Nitro R9 380x

That's a problem. (for overwatch it should be fine though)

Overclocking might not help, though if you plan on it I would advise against the stock cooler.

Its probably a config issue. What do you get without streaming? A ryzen 1700 should stream well.

1 minute ago, TheCatShuriken said:

GPU: Nitro R9 380x

That's a problem. (for overwatch it should be fine though)

Overclocking might not help, though if you plan on it I would advise against the stock cooler.

Its probably a config issue. What do you get without streaming? A ryzen 1700 should stream well.

in game overwatch fps counter goes between 90 and 110    my fps dont drop in game much... its the streams FPS thats trash and unwatchable because its so choppy

Just now, TylerLovekeeper said:

in game overwatch fps counter goes between 90 and 110    my fps dont drop in game much... its the streams FPS thats trash and unwatchable because its so choppy

Weird. Is it YOUR performance during streaming or is it whats coming out onto twitch?

yes and yes

reinstall windows, see if that helps. 

26 minutes ago, TylerLovekeeper said:

what is ur usage preset?

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

Just now, TylerLovekeeper said:

sorry if it wasnt clear...  its the performance GOING to twitch.  MY gaming is fine

Then definitely a twitch or OBS issue.

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

reinstall windows, see if that helps. 

God no! Its definitely OBS or twitch. Twitch is pretty... eh..

cpu usage preset is on fast

So its probably an OBS or twitch issue. Try reinstalling OBS and tooling around with some settings. I don't have this problem with a i3-2120 so its probably a config issue.