I need help with acoustic foam

Daroll

First of all i dont know if its the right thread for this kind of posts but i'll try

As in the title, I plan on buying some acoustic foam to isolate noise from my room because i live in a small flat with my parents and my mother says im too loud at evenings when playing games :P
There is no option of moving out yet because of $$$... Also im not screaming / raging :P or anything like that just talking with friends on discord.
My question is: will acoustic foam even help in that case? I plan to place it on the wall with doors (you can see this on the photo)  It is also marked on the screenshot with green colour (Red is my room and purple is my parents room)

dom.png

2017-04-22 12.32.01.jpg

I think all acoustic foam does is reduce the echo but im not 100% sure

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

You are most probably going to have to cover that entire wall, on both sides of the door, with the foam. As well as do something about that door, like you drew, foam on the glass, but you will also need to do something about the gaps between the door itself and the wall. Even then i don't know exactly how good your results will be. Just try it, your room will look cool at the very least XD. 

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

every corner room and center of wall for placing

u can use foam but a little cringe to touch and hard to clean

can use carpet more friendly to touch

and use books(not paper) put it many as u can on the wall

for your door in most bottom use cloth (not a particular cloth, anything can be it)

for more advanced u can use 2nd layer wall like thermos system

1 minute ago, Pepi28 said:

You are most probably going to have to cover that entire wall, on both sides of the door, with the foam. As well as do something about that door, like you drew, foam on the glass, but you will also need to do something about the gaps between the door itself and the wall. Even then i don't know exactly how good your results will be. Just try it, your room will look cool at the very least XD. 

Yeah im planning on changing the doors
I also think it will look much cooler than now :D but i dont think covering the wall on both sides is an option :( 

5 minutes ago, Necrodor21 said:

every corner room and center of wall for placing

u can use foam but a little cringe to touch and hard to clean

can use carpet more friendly to touch

and use books(not paper) put it many as u can on the wall

for your door in most bottom use cloth (not a particular cloth, anything can be it)

for more advanced u can use 2nd layer wall like thermos system

I dont think i want to have a carpet on the wall, it wont look as cool as foam :/
And i dont have enough books in my home to cover the entire wall with them + i dont really know how would i do this :P

Just now, Daroll said:

I dont think i want to have a carpet on the wall, it wont look as cool as foam :/
And i dont have enough books in my home to cover the entire wall with them + i dont really know how would i do this :P

not entire wall just center of the wall 3/4 from (h x l)

and put your foam at corner that should be good

Just now, Necrodor21 said:

not entire wall just center of the wall 3/4 from (h x l)

and put your foam at corner that should be good

or some cloth lol to exchange that books