how to wipe EVERYTHING?

killzor21

i have my os on a 1tb hard drive with some files and games and a separate 1tb hard drive just with games. i got an ssd so i want to clear everything from both of my hard drives including windows and i will reinstall it on my ssd. i seen some videos and read some articals but those people just want certain partitions gone or they want to wipe everything but certain files bla bla bla. i want to wipe everything like the drives haven't even been used. i dont want to download some third party software and install that to a disk and do a whole bunch of things, cant you just wipe EVERYTHING in windows somehow?

Just now, killzor21 said:

i have my os on a 1tb hard drive with some files and games and a separate 1tb hard drive just with games. i got an ssd so i want to clear everything from both of my hard drives including windows and i will reinstall it on my ssd. i seen some videos and read some articals but those people just want certain partitions gone or they want to wipe everything but certain files bla bla bla. i want to wipe everything like the drives haven't even been used. i dont want to download some third party software and install that to a disk and do a whole bunch of things, cant you just wipe EVERYTHING in windows somehow?

i would just reformat the hardrives. you cant reformat the harddrive with windows from the os though. you could install windows to the ssd then format the harddrive with windows afterwards which would allow you to do it from windows.  

Plug in all drives the way you want it and start booting from your Windows installation media, whether it's DVD or USB just fix the boot options via BIOS.

During the Windows installation you'll get the option to choose which drive you want to install it on, but before you do that there's a "format" option.

Format all drives and they'll be wiped cleap if all files and shit. :)

Then just install on your SDD and gogogogo

17 hours ago, MVPernula said:

Plug in all drives the way you want it and start booting from your Windows installation media, whether it's DVD or USB just fix the boot options via BIOS.

During the Windows installation you'll get the option to choose which drive you want to install it on, but before you do that there's a "format" option.

Format all drives and they'll be wiped cleap if all files and shit. :)

Then just install on your SDD and gogogogo

will the format wipe windows from my old hard drive?

11 hours ago, killzor21 said:

will the format wipe windows from my old hard drive?

Yes, formattning removes everything.