4670K OC'd on CM Seidon 240M (2xNF-F12 in pull)

Currently running my 4670K at stock speeds (for some reason boost was disabled since I just went and re-set the clock speed back to default but forgot to re-check boost).

Using the CM Seidon 240M with 2 noctua NF-F12s in pull inside an NZXT Phantom 410 (front 2 NF-P12s and rear stock 120mm fan, Palit super Jetstream 1080)

I’m getting ~35C idle at room temp 25C and about 55-60C at full load (aida stress test)

Tried OCing it to 4.3 on 1.28 I think (don’t remember, was over 1.25), which was mostly fine (idle ~40-43C, load ~70-73) but it kept crashing on me in BF1 (lowest settings, had a 770 back then) – bluescreened at 100% usage, though such thing did not happen during stress-testing using aida back then.

Question is – thinking of going back to 4.3 now that I have a better GPU (which should hopefully cope with BF1 at 2K 144 Hz), CPU temps at idle seem a bit too high; What should I do?

Thought about refilling the AIO/replacing it altogether, maybe even de-lidding the CPU and replacing the TIM. Suggestions?

If you're crashing on your overclock, you need to dial it down since your system isn't stable at the 4.3GHz. So try 4.2GHz, then 4.1GHz, and keep dialing it down until it doesn't crash with how you use your system. Your load temperature isn't the concern here. Your chip just isn't able to remain completely stable at 4.3GHz, so you need to pull it down a little.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

2 hours ago, brandishwar said:

If you're crashing on your overclock, you need to dial it down since your system isn't stable at the 4.3GHz. So try 4.2GHz, then 4.1GHz, and keep dialing it down until it doesn't crash with how you use your system. Your load temperature isn't the concern here. Your chip just isn't able to remain completely stable at 4.3GHz, so you need to pull it down a little.

It is stable on 4.3. The only problem is BF1's insane CPU usage. Worked totally fine in Watch_Dogs 2 and aida64 stress test. Gonna try a couple fixes for the BF1 bug and then OC.