Help choosing laptop

I'm a college student looking for the best bang for my buck and find a powerful machine that can last me through college or longer and can also game titles like Overwatch, CSGO, BF1, Gary's mod, rocket league and similar games at 1080 60 fps. 

I currently have an msi gs63vr on the way. (i7 6700, 256SSD, 1 TB, 1060 gpu) I bought it off newegg for $1500 and it included a free 15-17" backpack and wildlands game download and 3 years extended warranty all for that price. I am starting to have buyers remorse and thinking I should have gotten something else. 

I really want something powerful and portable and can last. 

My other options are the xps 15 and gigabyte aero 14. Newegg has a really good return policy and newegg carries both of these other choices. Money really is no issue. Just want the best out of my money. 

If the the other options aren't good either feel free to suggest anything. 

Thanks in advance!

build a desktop for gaming, buy a tablet for classwork. 

separate work and play. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

2 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

separate work and play. 

Especially if money isn't an option.  Desktop will give you far better bang for your buck with gaming.

On the flipside, I think the laptop you chose will be able to do most of what you want as long as all you're running is the game and not something like streaming software as well.  Might not be able to run BF1 at max (I've never played it but I hear it's graphically demanding).  If you're returning it, try to get something with a bit higher GPU, if that's what you're swinging for.

9 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

separate work and play. 

Really don't be like the idea of a desk top. Just gonna be mainly for school work and occasional gaming. 

6 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

On the flipside, I think the laptop you chose will be able to do most of what you want as long as all you're running is the game and not something like streaming software as well.  Might not be able to run BF1 at max (I've never played it but I hear it's graphically demanding).  If you're returning it, try to get something with a bit higher GPU, if that's what you're swinging for.

Would a 1050 graphics card do the trick too? I'm thinking the msi is out there design wise and I'd like a little more of a professional non gamer look

Just now, Bzdougie said:

Really don't be like the idea of a desk top. Just gonna be mainly for school work and occasional gaming. 

what's wrong with a desktop? if you're going to game on a laptop you have to be tied to a wall to play on it for any amount of time anyway. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Just now, Bzdougie said:

Would a 1050 graphics card do the trick too? I'm thinking the msi is out there design wise and I'd like a little more of a professional non gamer look

dude, get yourself a surface pro 4, it has everything windows you're used to and looks really professional. it's slim, light, and has a long battery life. 

then get a desktop.

if money really isn't an issue.

1 minute ago, Bzdougie said:

Well...again, 1050 is lower-end than the 1060.  I'd keep the 1060 or go higher myself.  1050 should work mostly fine, but again, depending on the game you might have to sacrifice some graphical options.

1 minute ago, VioDuskar said:

dude, get yourself a surface pro 4, it has everything windows you're used to and looks really professional. it's slim, light, and has a long battery life. 

then get a desktop.

if money really isn't an issue.

I have a surface pro 3 and I absolutely hate it. Functionality wise I just can't see using it everyday taking notes and typing papers and running cad or matlab programs 

Just now, Bzdougie said:

I have a surface pro 3 and I absolutely hate it. Functionality wise I just can't see using it everyday taking notes and typing papers and running cad or matlab programs 

my mother has a surface 3 and the 4 is a huge improvement. particularly with an i5 or i7 6th gen core in it. 

4 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

what's wrong with a desktop? if you're going to game on a laptop you have to be tied to a wall to play on it for any amount of time anyway. 

I'm more focused on school work but I'd like the ability to game and possibly game on the go with the same machine. 

Just now, VioDuskar said:

my mother has a surface 3 and the 4 is a huge improvement. particularly with an i5 or i7 6th gen core in it. 

I'll look into the 4 then! Thanks for the suggestion. 

Just now, Bzdougie said:

I'm more focused on school work but I'd like the ability to game and possibly game on the go with the same machine. 

stick with what you bought then. it will be fine. you can't really have the best of both worlds with a laptop, it's always a compromise. 

9 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

stick with what you bought then. it will be fine. you can't really have the best of both worlds with a laptop, it's always a compromise. 

Okay! I appreciate the input! 

While it might not last as long as a decent gaming laptop I have an Asus x553s which has an Intel Pentium N3700 @1.60ghz, 1tb mechanical storage, 8gb DDR3 RAM and running Windows 10 Home, which is great so long as you disable the spying within Windows.  If you live in England you can buy it here https://www.tesco.com/direct/asus-x553sa-xx166t-396-cm-156-notebook-intel-celeron-n3050-dual-core-2-core-160-ghz-black-textured/500-8196.prd?skuId=500-8196 but I don't know where to buy it in any other country because I can't find a way to buy it anywhere else.

Good luck with whatever you choose!