Problems with charging

LilJimmy

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask for something but I'll try...

So, in the morning i had no problems with my phone and I've had it in my pocket for a few hours and suddenly it started to vibrate non-stop and displayed charging. I turn my phone off but it still continued to vibrate for about few minutes until it stops. I turn it back on and no vibration or display of charging but when I plugged my cable in to charge nothing happens, no led indicator, no vibration. But when i turn off my phone and plug the cable in it would only show the charging icon and keep rebooting my phone. I left it like that for about 30 minutes and turn back on my phone and it did charged my phone. I thought that it might been the cause of heat but over the past 2 years I've never had any problems with heat, I've played games for hours until my phone was burning hot, let it cool and still continued to play with no problems. The other thing I thought of was maybe the sweat in my pants might have gotten into my phone through the charging port. If any of you had this experience and had solves your problems do share or else it's time to head to the service centre.

17 minutes ago, LilJimmy said:

So, in the morning i had no problems with my phone and I've had it in my pocket for a few hours and suddenly it started to vibrate non-stop and displayed charging. I turn my phone off but it still continued to vibrate for about few minutes until it stops. I turn it back on and no vibration or display of charging but when I plugged my cable in to charge nothing happens, no led indicator, no vibration. But when i turn off my phone and plug the cable in it would only show the charging icon and keep rebooting my phone. I left it like that for about 30 minutes and turn back on my phone and it did charged my phone. I thought that it might been the cause of heat but over the past 2 years I've never had any problems with heat, I've played games for hours until my phone was burning hot, let it cool and still continued to play with no problems. The other thing I thought of was maybe the sweat in my pants might have gotten into my phone through the charging port. If any of you had this experience and had solves your problems do share or else it's time to head to the service centre.

Are you using third-party charger or the original one?

Context Matters!

30 minutes ago, LilJimmy said:

If the battery is removable, take it out for some time, put it back in and see if that helps.

39 minutes ago, bazookaman36 said:

Phone model?

Asus Zenfone 5

24 minutes ago, TechQuest said:

Are you using third-party charger or the original one?

Been using third-party charger for a year till now but I also tested it on the original one from my friend, still wouldn't charge.

11 minutes ago, Murilo_A said:

If the battery is removable, take it out for some time, put it back in and see if that helps.

Its not removable. I tried turning it off for few hours but still the same.

12 hours ago, LilJimmy said:

Asus Zenfone 5

Been using third-party charger for a year till now but I also tested it on the original one from my friend, still wouldn't charge.

I think the charging ports have worn out, take it to the retailer shop instead.

Context Matters!

Just now, TechQuest said:

12 hours ago, LilJimmy said:

Asus Zenfone 5

Don't forget, charging port has a limited lifespan, once the port reached it's lifespan, your phone is toast.

Context Matters!

On 16/04/2017 at 9:12 PM, TechQuest said:

On 16/04/2017 at 9:14 PM, TechQuest said:

Don't forget, charging port has a limited lifespan, once the port reached it's lifespan, your phone is toast.

Went to the server center and they said it was my motherboard. Didn't repair it as it cost the same amount to buy a brand new phone. Might just stick with charging while turned off for a few months.

8 hours ago, LilJimmy said:

Went to the server center and they said it was my motherboard. Didn't repair it as it cost the same amount to buy a brand new phone. Might just stick with charging while turned off for a few months.

Pick a new phone instead, you may pick Sony Xperia smartphones.

For more, go to:https://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/phones/ 

Context Matters!