Build Log 'Shuffle'

So first, I'm new here. So please be nice for a few days, then lay it on.

I've been using the same i5-4440 for a few years now and it's getting a bit long in the tooth. And a few weeks ago, I decided to randomly buy a MoBo (which I didn't have any need to as I wasn't planning a new build at the time) and now here we are waiting for the last piece of the puzzle (the processor itself) to complete the build. 

Historically, all my personal builds have been themed by things that I vibrantly remember in media. It started with my first big personal build Skittles(a multicolored system based on a stupid Haruhi AMV I saw years ago), them moved onto an Evangelion themed build (White, Blue, and a touch of Red... try to guess that one). A few others that don't matter in between (like my failed custom loop that sucked). Now I've gotten a bit better at choosing some really obscure stuff to theme off of. This new build is 'Shuffle' which is themed (I am such a nerd I guess) after one the BestGrill(tm) from one of my favorite shows of all time.

So my considerations in this build are:

- Gaming. I do game (ArmA III, World of Tanks/Warships, WarBlunder, LoL, Battlefield 1) and want to be able to push better FPS and graphics than I have now.  I may want to stream from time to time.

- Recording. I do a lot of recording, and not that 'Throw some guitars onto a beat' recording. It's not uncommon for me to edit 90+ tracks in Pro Tools and Studio One with full processing while pulling a lot of samples.

- Video and Photo Editing. This is a new venture of mine. I've been active with audio for film for years (Foley and LocAudio) and need to be able to share projects made in Premiere CC between my apartment and the people I work with. Photo editing is a new thing (photography for miniature wargames).

- Visuals. I'm big on a computer looking 'lit' and 'ballin' 

So here's what I have 'collected' so far. Pictures will be coming soon of some stuff getting populated.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nRTgHN
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z270-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ) 
Storage: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive   
Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX Video Card - STILL NEED TO ORDER, NCIX CAN GET IT TO ME IN 2 DAYS.
Case: NZXT H440 (Matte Black/Green) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ) 
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-15 05:45 EDT-0400

Into this will be connected my Scarlett 18i20 and UAD-2 Octo (once I'm sure my old system doesn't need it anymore as I'll be running both for a few weeks as I get the new system optimized.

A few notes of interest...

I don't like AIO loops. Personal preference. 

I don't really need a 1080 or Titan... I'm not doing a lot with the video itself... I lay the audio then bounce it all into a stereo stem which I send back to the video editing dudes.

The Kingston SSD is my system drive

The Crucial SSD is a sample drive (I run a lot of VSTs, mainly all of the EastWest collections)

The Barracudas are the Recording drive And the Steam/Junk. I have a separate storage computer I transfer completed projects to, and never have more than 6 projects on the Recording drive at a time. These are the exact same drives that are in my system now. They're less than 2 years old now, so I'm not apt to replace them yet.

That backstory of yours sounds awfully close to mine. I had an i5 4460, I got bored of it, I bought some ramdom MSI Z87 board because I thought it looked cool, then I tried to implement it into my build when I (for some reason) got a non k i7 4790, and that then screwed up my custom loop big time.

But enough of that, your build seems interesting so far.

So, with the processor and RAM in the mail, and the GTX 1070 still needing to be ordered or bought at the local PC store, here's what it looks like so far:

Sorry for the low quality of these images.

6IaSlUu.jpg

j8vNp0d.jpg 

I still need to transfer my storage drives over (taking some time to backup as there's about 3TB of uncompressed audio to get to an archival drive) but the progress is going nicely. 

I'm still fiddling with the cables there at the bottom of the MB tray, they're being a little funky.