Huge memory leak, unable to play games.

StevieSenpai

Recently I've been getting huge memory leaks causing some of my games to crash and sometimes causing my entire computer to freeze up and resulting in me having to turn my computer off and on again.

I recently installed a new CPU fan and was pressing pretty hard on my motherboard to get the flippen thing in, I'm not sure if that can cause anything. I did not mess with the actual CPU, just mounting a fan ontop of it.

I've tried downloading CCLEANER and running a system clean, still nothing has worked.

Given your second paragraph, you either don't actually have memory leak, or the CPU fan is a huge red herring. Are you sure (using task manager or HW Monitor) that Windows is crashing or is this partial damage caused by flexing your motherboard? You could have damaged some of your RAM PCB traces accidentally. Might want to test your memory or use a different set. Hopefully it is a memory leak, as that would be easier to fix. 

If it is a untraceable memory leak, I would think your only options are to find the process that's crashing or reinstall Windows. 

I spend most of my time on Autodesk and Caffe. CAD is great, as long as you know what you're doing.

Watson: Ryzen 7 1800X, 32GB 3000Mhz Dominator Platinum, X370 MSI Pro Carbon, 2x FirePro W9100s, 2x 256GB Samsung 850EVO SSDs, 2x 6TB WD Raid 1 HDDs, Ghetto Custom Cooling and Case, Logitech G910 and G502, 3DConnection SpacePilot Pro, 6x 27" Viewsonic FHD Monitors, 2x 24" Acer FHD Monitors, Windows 10 Pro/Ubuntu 16.04 Dual.

Yes, you can game on FirePro Cards, it's just overkill if you never use it's full abilities. 

Sherlock: 128 Core Render Server (32 Nodes, Matched Core 2 Quads, 8GB DDR2) running HPC Service Pack 1 on Windows Server 2016. Just because, you know, who doesn't want to render in real time? (Plus I don't pay the power bill)

3 minutes ago, TonyKramer said:

Given your second paragraph, you either don't actually have memory leak, or the CPU fan is a huge red herring. Are you sure (using task manager or HW Monitor) that Windows is crashing or is this partial damage caused by flexing your motherboard? You could have damaged some of your RAM PCB traces accidentally. Might want to test your memory or use a different set. Hopefully it is a memory leak, as that would be easier to fix. 

If it is a untraceable memory leak, I would think your only options are to find the process that's crashing or reinstall Windows. 

Well sometimes I'm able to close the game using task manager and when I do it usually shows the game at the top with the most memory used at 1,600MB+. I did however had to reupdate my drivers and windows 10.

If it still has a problem through an re-installation of Windows, your problem is not software, it's hardware unfortunately. I can't say definitively without physically testing the board, but I'd say you broke it by creating micro-fractures in the traces installing a new fan. :(

I spend most of my time on Autodesk and Caffe. CAD is great, as long as you know what you're doing.

Watson: Ryzen 7 1800X, 32GB 3000Mhz Dominator Platinum, X370 MSI Pro Carbon, 2x FirePro W9100s, 2x 256GB Samsung 850EVO SSDs, 2x 6TB WD Raid 1 HDDs, Ghetto Custom Cooling and Case, Logitech G910 and G502, 3DConnection SpacePilot Pro, 6x 27" Viewsonic FHD Monitors, 2x 24" Acer FHD Monitors, Windows 10 Pro/Ubuntu 16.04 Dual.

Yes, you can game on FirePro Cards, it's just overkill if you never use it's full abilities. 

Sherlock: 128 Core Render Server (32 Nodes, Matched Core 2 Quads, 8GB DDR2) running HPC Service Pack 1 on Windows Server 2016. Just because, you know, who doesn't want to render in real time? (Plus I don't pay the power bill)

Just now, TonyKramer said:

If it still has a problem through an re-installation of Windows, your problem is not software, it's hardware unfortunately. I can't say definitively without physically testing the board, but I'd say you broke it by creating micro-fractures in the traces installing a new fan. :(

So I have to go out and buy a new motherboard? Do you have any suggestions? :( 

Don't sell yourself short without testing the board out first. Try messing with the BIOS settings before you give up. Update the BIOS, turn off the overclock if you have one, downclock if you can. Make sure when you replaced the fan, you didn't screw anything up, especially check temps to see that they wouldn't cause throttling or overheating. Reset BIOS settings. If none of those work, that's when I would suggest replacement

Don't sell yourself short without testing the board out first. Try messing with the BIOS settings before you give up. Update the BIOS, turn off the overclock if you have one, downclock if you can. Make sure when you replaced the fan, you didn't screw anything up, especially check temps to see that they wouldn't cause throttling or overheating. Reset BIOS settings. If none of those work, that's when I would suggest replacement

Well you know what, after I installed the fan, when I turn my pc on it doesn't give me the option to go to the BIOS screen. You know that screen that says press ESC or another key to go to the BIOS settings, it doesn't even show the windows logo, it just takes me straight to logging into my computer. I even tried holding down my ESC key and when I do that my screen just stays black and my monitor will say "No connection detected" and go off like it's not connected to my pc.

Other than that my temps are better than ever, I haven't Overclocked yet and I'm not sure what downclocking is.

You're running a UEFI bios, which usually skips that screen before your monitor detects the input. You're probably using the wrong key to access the motherboard. My BIOS is accessed using DELETE, and I just tap it a bunch of times immediately after I press the power button.

You're running a UEFI bios, which usually skips that screen before your monitor detects the input. You're probably using the wrong key to access the motherboard. My BIOS is accessed using DELETE, and I just tap it a bunch of times immediately after I press the power button.

I meant DEL and I think the other key is F2 or something like that. Lol sorry, also my BIOS settings seem to be working, it was when right after the fan installment that it skipped my BIOS screen and windows logo, but now it seems to be working. I'm sorry for the miscommunication.