New PC

bosnian_guy

What do you guys think about this configuration? ANy help is welcome.

Case: Corsair Carbide 330R

GPU : R9 270X MSI Gaming edition

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K

MOBO: MSI Z87 - G45 Gaming

RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 8 GB 1866 MHz

HDD : Wwstern Digital Caviar Black 1 TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H80i (I really want a Noctua Cooler but they are very expensive and they wouldn't mach with the look of the build)

PSU: Seasonic 620 W SS-620GB

Don't get the H80i, get the N-U14S instead much better and then get a Samsung 840 EVO for boot drive.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Get an SSD, Samsung 840 Evo is good. Good pricing can generally be found on Kingston V300 these days. Keep the H80i unless you need to save some $ for the SSD.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Don't get the H80i, get the N-U14S instead much better and then get a Samsung 840 EVO for boot drive.

whats wrong with the H80i ? :S

What's the system being used for?

Where are you located/shopping? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I would change the Caviar Black 1TB to the Seagate Barracuda 1TB if you are fine will a shorter warranty because it runs cooler and is cheaper.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Absolutely nothing. I love noctua but have an H80i in my Node 304 HTPC build and it does the job perfectly

*** CPU - i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz *** MB - Asus Maximus V Gene *** RAM - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1600MHz *** GPU - Asus Direct CUII AMD Radeon HD 7870 *** Case - Corsair Obsidian 350D *** OS SSD120GB OCZ

*** Storage - 500GB WD Black (Gaming Drive), 1TB Seagate Barracuda (Storage) *** PSU - OCZ ZX 1000W *** CPU Cooler - Cooler Master V6 GT *** Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 *** Mouse - Corsair Vengeance K65

*** Headset - ROG Vulcan ANC