Memory clock speed needs

Ok so last time I built a rig with intel I had 1333mhz memory did me fine runs well. Timing is 9-9-9 so it fairly tight. With Ryzen needing higher memory for improved performance I might next build go intel. But seems have to overclock for higher speed memory and to my recollection it isint likely in malign or streaming to be a HUGE factor, Wondering if 2133 woudl be fine or if it is worth it to spend extra and try to overclock to get the base speeds of higher memory?

I personally just stick with stock RAM speeds, never seen any benefit for my workloads. 2133 and 2400 are similar price though. I just run my Ryzen system at 2400 MHz. The advantages that I saw in most benchmarks were single digit percent improvements and high speed RAM is very expensive (at least where I live). I don't see the point spending twice as much on RAM for a 1-3% improvement.

@DrMikeNZ seen higher for Ryzen at higher speeds but I tend to use intel more often. But either way yeah. I'm not doing anything thats SO memory intensive that it'll I think ever see 20% swings due to memory speed. I figure long as i stick to my min of 16gb of memory I'm good.