pc wont boot

hey guys,

yesterday i build my first pc, but when i try to turn it on, it stays on for about 10 seconds and then turns off.

everything is getting power, the case fans are spinning and so is the cpu cooler. also the led strips torn on.

i am not getting anything on my monitor, and i have tried multiple display interfaces. (HDMI, VGA)

the buzzer doesnt make any sound

no graphics card is installed yet. cpu is a intel Pentium g4560 and the motherbord is a gigabyte ga-b150m-d3h. i have 8 gb of corsaire vengance ram running in dual channel.

thanks you very much

5 minutes ago, acv159357n said:

Is everything placed properly in its own slot? Also are the cables properly attached?

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

5 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

Is everything placed properly in its own slot? Also are the cables properly attached?

everything is in place the right way yes. i also tried to reassamble

Try cleaning out the powersupply or check the plug on the lead and the plug socket it goes into as dust can get in plug sockets and then the power will only run for a small amount of time as the power can be transferred to the pc properly

What is the manufacturing date for the B150 board you have (should be printed on the packaging) 

B150 doesn't work with the G4560 without a BIOS update which requires an older 6th gen CPU to do. 

idk

13 minutes ago, acv159357n said:

hey guys,

yesterday i build my first pc, but when i try to turn it on, it stays on for about 10 seconds and then turns off.

everything is getting power, the case fans are spinning and so is the cpu cooler. also the led strips torn on.

i am not getting anything on my monitor, and i have tried multiple display interfaces. (HDMI, VGA)

the buzzer doesnt make any sound

no graphics card is installed yet. cpu is a intel Pentium g4560 and the motherbord is a gigabyte ga-b150m-d3h. i have 8 gb of corsaire vengance ram running in dual channel.

thanks you very much

Dude that mobo is b150 so it doesn't support kaby lake out of the box if you are lucky you'll get latest bios but you didn't get latest one so get a skylake chip from a friend or go to local hardware store and ask them to update its BIOS they'll have few skylake chips lying around for sure. If not possible then get a Kaby lake supported mobo by returning that  mobo. But only return it if your friend or neighbor is not having skylake chip or local hardware shop is not having one which is not gonna happen.

1 minute ago, acv159357n said:

i will when im home

Ok, for now just try to think what you did and if you think that you did something wrong

Just now, Ausfernando said:

Ok, for now just try to think what you did and if you think that you did something wrong

The mobo is fine he needs to update his BIOS to support Kaby lake on a Skylake mobo.

5 minutes ago, Connor253 said:

Try cleaning out the powersupply or check the plug on the lead and the plug socket it goes into as dust can get in plug sockets and then the power will only run for a small amount of time as the power can be transferred to the pc properly

the power supply is brand new

5 minutes ago, M.A.P said:

Dude that mobo is b150 so it doesn't support kaby lake out of the box if you are lucky you'll get latest bios but you didn't get latest one so get a skylake chip from a friend or go to local hardware store and ask them to update its BIOS they'll have few skylake chips lying around for sure. If not possible then get a Kaby lake supported mobo by returning that  mobo. But only return it if your friend or neighbor is not having skylake chip or local hardware shop is not having one which is not gonna happen.

thank you very much, i'll give it a try! ill notivy when if it worked

Check the plug socket or the plug for the power on the motherboard.

Also try Booting the pc Without the case on.

11 minutes ago, acv159357n said:

thank you very much, i'll give it a try! ill notivy when if it worked

Ok

3 hours ago, M.A.P said:

The mobo is fine he needs to update his BIOS to support Kaby lake on a Skylake mobo.

is there a way i can install the update with something like a USB instead of installing a skylake processor? i don't have a skyline in reach atm

1 hour ago, acv159357n said:

is there a way i can install the update with something like a USB instead of installing a skylake processor? i don't have a skyline in reach atm

You need a skylake cpu to get the system to post so computer won't even start without skylake cpu and even after installing skylake cpu you need usb to flash BIOS update. Shortly you need a skylake cpu for sure and also a flash drive containing latest BIOS otherwise return your board and get an out of the box kaby lake supported mobo like b250, h270 or z270. I recommend you to get b250 as it is only 60 bucks whereas for other boards you need to spend minimum 25$ extra, for z270 110$ minimum. B250 has more lanes than b150 so better than b150 so b250 should be enough if you want to return the mobo.

5 hours ago, Droidbot said:

What is the manufacturing date for the B150 board you have (should be printed on the packaging) 

B150 doesn't work with the G4560 without a BIOS update which requires an older 6th gen CPU to do. 

Will the celeron g9300 do? Its the cheapest i can find and i dont really have friemds that can lend a skylake out to me

On 4/10/2017 at 8:06 PM, acv159357n said:

Will the celeron g9300 do? Its the cheapest i can find and i dont really have friemds that can lend a skylake out to me

You mean G3900? If yes it should work.