Wordpress

Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
Just now, ACEHACK said:

wait so wordpress doesnt do that?

WordPress has nothing to do with your domain's DNS servers - it's essentially just PHP code that generates a webpage on the fly from the server it's being hosted on. You do need to make sure your settings inside the WordPress Admin Dashboard are correct, but otherwise that's it. Contact your webhosting provider and ask for the nameservers you need to use to point your domain at said hosting account. Someone there should be able to help you out.

ok so this is my situation I have a domain on Squarespace but I'm not using their service I only pay annually for my domain on Squarespace. i have a ecowebhosting account and i want to host my website on ecowebhosting but create on wordpress. when i try to transfer my domain to wordpress it gives me a dns and servername error. and when i go to ecowebhosting  on hosting package then dns management everything is configured automatically but as i said wordpress gives me an error.

do i need to configure manually if so how??

1 hour ago, ACEHACK said:

ok so this is my situation I have a domain on Squarespace but I'm not using their service I only pay annually for my domain on Squarespace. i have a ecowebhosting account and i want to host my website on ecowebhosting but create on wordpress. when i try to transfer my domain to wordpress it gives me a dns and servername error. and when i go to ecowebhosting  on hosting package then dns management everything is configured automatically but as i said wordpress gives me an error.

do i need to configure manually if so how??

What's the domain? I work with WordPress on a daily basis - not here to cause you trouble. If you link the domain I'll take a look at the public DNS records and such to see what's happening under the hood.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

What's the domain? I work with WordPress on a daily basis - not here to cause you trouble. If you link the domain I'll take a look at the public DNS records and such to see what's happening under the hood.

Your domain is still pointing to Squarespace nameservers. They have a guide on Advanced DNS Settings.

You'll need to change your domain's nameservers from within the Squarespace control panel, or transfer your domain to an actual domain registrar, such as hover.com since they have great support.

4717700879482880.png.5c2a79653e95d60eb8bb4454c9a0394d.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Your domain is still pointing to Squarespace nameservers. They have a guide on Advanced DNS Settings.

You'll need to change your domain's nameservers from within the Squarespace control panel, or transfer your domain to an actual domain registrar, such as hover.com since they have great support.

4717700879482880.png.5c2a79653e95d60eb8bb4454c9a0394d.png

Just now, ACEHACK said:

WordPress has nothing to do with your domain's DNS servers - it's essentially just PHP code that generates a webpage on the fly from the server it's being hosted on. You do need to make sure your settings inside the WordPress Admin Dashboard are correct, but otherwise that's it. Contact your webhosting provider and ask for the nameservers you need to use to point your domain at said hosting account. Someone there should be able to help you out.