Buying a office computer as first pc

Nikesbee

Would this pc be a good purchase for a small gaming pc also for internet and school? http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-6000-SFF-C2D-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-3-0GHz-4GB-250GB-HDD-/112314616450?hash=item1a26790a82:g:FsEAAOSwSlBYsIR0

i also need a graphics card and i have barely any money along with no knowledge on it. I would be playing cs go and other games similar. I just need help if I'm making the right decision and help on the graphics card

5 minutes ago, Nikesbee said:

Would this pc be a good purchase for a small gaming pc also for internet and school? http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-6000-SFF-C2D-Desktop-PC-with-Intel-3-0GHz-4GB-250GB-HDD-/112314616450?hash=item1a26790a82:g:FsEAAOSwSlBYsIR0

i also need a graphics card and i have barely any money along with no knowledge on it. I would be playing cs go and other games similar. I just need help if I'm making the right decision and help on the graphics card

You need a graphics card if you would love to play CS:GO at 60FPS. The PC is still a good price for what it is.

You'll have to figure out what kind of psu you're working with and if you have any extra connectors with it for a gpu unless you get something like a 750ti that doesn't require external power connectors.

PSU looks to be some wierd size, BTX is what I could find.

It's a 240w, so that may prevent a GPU...

Also the fact idk if a GPU can fit inside the case, since I have a similiar Dell design at the office and they really jammed crap into it.

Since the PSU is some generic brand, and doesn't appear to have a 80+ rating, I don't think it can handle a GPU, especially 1 that would be worth it and get you decent frame-rates.

For school work, it will do fine, but for gaming, you might be limited to what you can run. May only be able to do CS:Go w/ alright frames at low graphics.

I suggest maybe trying to save-up some more over the summer and get a decent budget PC.

Edit: Just looked and the 1 we have is identical to the 1 you linked, since it is an HP compaq.

So after looking at the PSU (HP brand, 240w) and the clearance for the PCI-e area (I think), I'd say no to being able to get a GPU inside, let alone power it. Also the fact that it's incredibly compact inside the case and very little room for additonal hardware. Sorry

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home