Initilise disk- I/O device error?

Pythons
Go to solution Solved by RUWO_builder,

This is happening because they used a diffrent file system. Maybe the laptop was 32 bit? Or another operatting system? If the drive Has An opperating system on it, it just wont work at all. You could try Some external programs, on your own risk of loosing the data.

Hey everyone,

I tried installing a HDD from my old laptop into my computer to access files, but when I go into computer management and into the tab 'Disk Management', it says that i need to initialize the disk... when i click either option (the options being MBR and GPT), it says "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

I already have an SSD as my boot drive, will this matter?
I don't know how to solve this, and i don't want to wipe all of the data off it....
Any suggestions would be appriciated!! ^_^

Regards,

Pythons

This is happening because they used a diffrent file system. Maybe the laptop was 32 bit? Or another operatting system? If the drive Has An opperating system on it, it just wont work at all. You could try Some external programs, on your own risk of loosing the data.

16 minutes ago, RUWO_builder said:

Ahhh okay, that's a bummer.... thanks for the help anyway!