180 Drone Build

Not_Sean

Hey guys,

so got offered a Tyrant 180 for super cheap, Currently still thrashing my ZMR250 with those 1806 emax motors. I bought the Kingkong Force 250 set as was going to do a 210 built.

Its only going to be run on 3S for now but will prob grab a bunch of 4S soon, but what do you rate of those motors on a 180 with 4" props. Know you go more KV the smaller the frame.

Lol, would be cool if we had a Drone parts picker site :P

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

small update, so the tyrant price while cheaper than off their site is still a bit pricey.. Looking on banggood for some good options. 

Question still stands on what you guys think of 4" quads and 4" on 2300Kv motors 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

2300kv on what stator? Your typical 2204-7 motor at 2300kv is great for 5" props. I don't think you should go 4" as they're typically not as powerful as 5". If you still want a small quad, you can get down to maybe 184mm from motor to motor before the props hit each other. However, this means you must run a pod style build which is much harder to put together on your first time. I built 3 quads before I built a pod frame. I like how they fly more, but still. Build something like a qav-x which is still a smaller build, but with more room. 

ASU

@Hackentosher they 2205's If you check the kingkong link, happy with the set, and its my second build plus done tons of replacement parts on the current one, 4 motors,4 ESC's 3 arm replacements and PDB change. so pretty comfortable working, also worked with a solder a bit before so not complete noob :P 

What you rate of this frame, looks nice and light, and fits very well into the budget. Will also get a new camera for it. 
http://www.banggood.com/XY215-V2-215MM-Split-Level-Frame-Kit-DIY-Frame-Part-For-FPV-Racer-p-1111983.html?rmmds=category

or this, This one seems bit more compact

http://www.banggood.com/Realacc-Phoenix-X210S-210mm-3K-Carbon-Fiber-FPV-Racing-Frame-4mm-Frame-Arm-w-LED-Board-5V-12V-PDB-p-1104841.html?rmmds=detail-bottom-viewalsoview

Redstone:

Obsidian:

It's kinda hard to make a bad build as long as you but parts better than banggood. Most things on banggood are clones of legit products designed in the states. Go on pirofliprc.com, you can make fairly economical build over there. 

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

It's kinda hard to make a bad build as long as you but parts better than banggood. Most things on banggood are clones of legit products designed in the states. Go on pirofliprc.com, you can make fairly economical build over there. 

only reason why I go through banggood is I'm in NZ and add shipping and than goes over budget. Currently only have X amount per month for Drone, X for PC's and the rest is into my new house and saving for a new car.

Redstone:

Obsidian:

53 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

only reason why I go through banggood is I'm in NZ and add shipping and than goes over budget. Currently only have X amount per month for Drone, X for PC's and the rest is into my new house and saving for a new car.

Lol say hi to sir Bruce, maybe go with like a shuriken 180.

ASU

5 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Lol say hi to sir Bruce, maybe go with like a shuriken 180.

Oh god thats hideous ! ! hahaha Why oh why :P 

I really like the look of the Kingkong swift 165 but they rate the 2205's won't fit and already got brand new motors so thats that frame out, maybe for a different build :P could have gotten two of those frames. Guess I'll go for the realacc Phoenix. will go nicely with the Seppuku FC. 

Would LOVE a Armattan Armadillo but price is a bit high at the moment.  

Redstone:

Obsidian:

If you need help with building quads or questions about quads I  recommend going to the mega thread since a couple of users a subscribed there.

Whats your TX?

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein