Is freesync worth it?

NSDUO
3 hours ago, NSDUO said:

So what ur saying is that since its probably still gonna use Polaris, i should wait for vega or just get the 480?

The RX 500 series isn't Vega, but is a Polaris refresh. Vega is rumoured to be releasing a month and a bit after the 500 series.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

• 9 months later...

re: FreeSync/G-Sync and 'is it worth it'

From my experience it certainly is if the following applies:

You game with a variable refresh rate, and can't hold your monitors max refresh rate in all the games you love

I'm a little unusual, I get bad headaches via eye strain with a variable refresh rate, and I can't hold 144hz in many titles (Rust, Squad, Escape from Tarkov) despite having a very powerful rig.

My solution is easy, I use MSI Afterburner/Riva Tuner and fix my FPS and refresh rate to the same (100fps) which 95% of the time I can hold in everything. G-Sync did help with the headaches for sure but i'm horribly nerdy and disliked the FPS change all the time re competitive play.

I recently sold an outstanding G-Sync monitor (for a bigger one with Free-Sync, that I can't/don't need to use). I don't miss G-Sync one bit because I fix my FPS/refresh rate at 100 and that's that.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF