Windows installation screwing up.

Christopher_

So I've been having craptons of issues installing Windows 10 on this one machine and it's driving me nuts.

first off everything is normal I boot into my usb stick but there was an error saying it can't find licensing agreement for Windows software or something. I try again this time with another sub stick and I get a load of other errors saying something is wrong with boot media so I use the mediacreation tool to make a fresh usb and now I'm stuck at the same thing that happened in the first place.

after that I gave up on installing on the pc itself and tried taking a working install from a similar computer and putting that in the system. But that just resulted in many more frustrating hours of troubleshooting that lead to nothing. (Internet not working, bluecreens, flickering, freezing, buttons not clickable etc)

Machine I'm trying to install Windows 10 on:

i5 2400

asus motherboard with uefi

7870 gpu

Machines I tried transferring drives between: (taking the ssd i want to install Windows on and putting it in a different pc to then put it back without installing drivers etc)

i7 2600 pc with asus motherboard (same uefi)

i5 4690k pc (wouldn't even boot)

i7 920 pc (not uefi)

This is just really ennoying and I would really appreciate if anyone knows what the hack is going on.

get the ISO from the media creation tool, then burn it with rufus

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

Wait...so at what point are you getting the licensing agreement thing, before you actually do the install right??

is there a part where you scroll and then click the check box to agree to licensing?

CPU: i7-7700k 5.0Ghz, Cooling: Corsair H115i, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Storage: 240GB MyDigitalSSD NVMe M.2, Two 2TB Seagate HDD, PSU: EVGA 850w G2, Case: Phanteks Luxe Tempered Glass, Display: 22" 1080p Samsung S22C350 (NOT for long lol) Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS, Sound: Corsair VOID + 2.1 Channel Speaker System, OS: Windows 10
PCPartPicker List

Just now, nobiggieBIG said:

this is what i did to install on mine

CPU: i7-7700k 5.0Ghz, Cooling: Corsair H115i, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Storage: 240GB MyDigitalSSD NVMe M.2, Two 2TB Seagate HDD, PSU: EVGA 850w G2, Case: Phanteks Luxe Tempered Glass, Display: 22" 1080p Samsung S22C350 (NOT for long lol) Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS, Sound: Corsair VOID + 2.1 Channel Speaker System, OS: Windows 10
PCPartPicker List

1 minute ago, nobiggieBIG said:

Burn it on a CD or usb?

Dont have a bog enough cd.

2 minutes ago, eeccrraaiigg said:

Wait...so at what point are you getting the licensing agreement thing, before you actually do the install right??

is there a part where you scroll and then click the check box to agree to licensing?

i am pretty sure it was after clicking next when selecting target drive

1 minute ago, Christopher_ said:

i am pretty sure it was after clicking next when selecting target drive

hm, i would definitely try downloading the ISO instead and making a bootable usb using rufus like the other poster said

PCPartPicker List

use rufus to put it on USB

PCPartPicker List

5 minutes ago, Christopher_ said:

Burn it on a CD or usb?

Dont have a bog enough cd.

rufus = usb

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

1 minute ago, eeccrraaiigg said:

ok, downloading the iso right now.

I really hope this is gonna work as its tiring :P

36 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

rufus = usb

38 minutes ago, eeccrraaiigg said:

Unfortunately i had the same thing happening at the same exact time...

The usb installer did work flawlessly before, so im guessing something is fucked with the motherboard

37 minutes ago, Christopher_ said:

ok, downloading the iso right now.

I really hope this is gonna work as its tiring :P

yeah, i reset today for drivers, but as you do and its a fresh install i dont want to log onto my emails etc for dodgy emails hahahahahha

On 3/31/2017 at 11:57 PM, nobiggieBIG said:

yeah, i reset today for drivers, but as you do and its a fresh install i dont want to log onto my emails etc for dodgy emails hahahahahha

On 3/31/2017 at 11:17 PM, eeccrraaiigg said:

I managed to fix it by putting the mobo a testbench and changing ram.

guessing the ram was the problem

22 hours ago, Christopher_ said:

oh damn lol that is messed up lol

PCPartPicker List

22 hours ago, Christopher_ said:

strange that ram throwing you a cannot find licensing error wtf? lol

PCPartPicker List