RGB lighting controller?

wdodge0912

is there an RGB controller that will control LED light strips and Corsair HD120 RGB fans? I'm looking at getting 6 of those fans when I get a new case, and would also like to control my RGB strip with the same controller as well. I know they can come with a controller, and the 3 packs also come with one, and that controller will work up to the 6 fans, but I don't think I can control the RGB strip I have as well with that controller (it is an iBUYPOWER strip that was given to me).

I just want to be able to control the lighting of the fans and the strip I have with one controller so I can have them all the same. A brightness controller would be nice too, and I would prefer something that I can use to do all this right on my screen, but as long as I can hook all of them up and control them all equally, I'd be happy.

I decided that the case and fans are something that will always be reusable, so I am not going to cheap out on it this time around and get some good parts that I can use and want to have years down the road.

2 minutes ago, wdodge0912 said:

-SNIP-

There is no way currently to link them together as they require their own proprietary RGB controller, there are only a couple fans out there capable of being synced together with standard SMD5050 or mother RGB controllers.

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/masterfan-pro-120-ab-rgb/

34 minutes ago, W-L said:

There is no way currently to link them together as they require their own proprietary RGB controller, there are only a couple fans out there capable of being synced together with standard SMD5050 or mother RGB controllers.

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/masterfan-pro-120-ab-rgb/

well then I might just have to use the fans and leave out the strip then.

or go with fans that is just one color, and find LED strips with brightness adjustment and match the colors up, set it, and forget it (or use the strip I have in a place where it'll kill the brightness a bit, it is a little blinding where I have it now, but I should move it anyways)

are there any fans with the performance of the SP120 or HD120 fans that will use one of the motherboard sync things?

19 minutes ago, wdodge0912 said:

-SNIP-

Yes your options are fairly limited to with RGB fans or an RGB strip, the cooler master unit is the only one unit out there I can remember off the top of my head there is another brand but that's it currently.